3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Switching Campaign Types

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently, I have a Search Network only campaign running and I am looking to create a Search Network with Display Select campaign.

If I want both the existing campaign and the Display Select campaign, would it be better to just switch the campaign type from Search Network campaign to Search Network Display Select? Or should I create a separate campaign? I was thinking that if I just changed the campaign type in the Search Network campaign, I would have existing data to help lower CPA.

Has anybody done this before? What is the recommended approach?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wei Shiang K
July 2016

Re: Switching Campaign Types

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wei Shiang K;

You could switch to SDS, if you plan on a limited display campaign.
Remember that the SDS has limited exposure on display and mainly for advertisers with some / small  extra budgets (in addition to the budget  allocated to Search) who wish to test performance on the  display network. For advertisers who could allocate a separate a budget for a full  campaign, I would recommend to launch a full display campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wei Shiang K
July 2016

Re: Switching Campaign Types

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Wei Shiang K;

You could switch to SDS, if you plan on a limited display campaign.
Remember that the SDS has limited exposure on display and mainly for advertisers with some / small  extra budgets (in addition to the budget  allocated to Search) who wish to test performance on the  display network. For advertisers who could allocate a separate a budget for a full  campaign, I would recommend to launch a full display campaign.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’