4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Switch Ads Based on Labels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to pause or enable ads based on a label value for specified time period?

I have Ad1 with label default.

I want Ad2 with label non-default to enable on 2/1/15, but pause Ad1.

I am not interested in modifying the ad schedule as that goes to the entire campaign.

Cheers!

Barb

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ProCaps A
September 2015

Re: Switch Ads Based on Labels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

That Can be done first you just need to filter by specific label, then select which ad you want to run then you need to click on Automate you will get an option to create your rule that's how you can navigate and scheduling .

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Barb,

As Jyoti mentioned you just need to go to the ads tab, select automate, then the option 'Pause ads when', you can either start this by selecting a particular ad copy or to make changes to multiple ad copies just click on Automate & then select 'Pause Ads when'.

Automate.png

A dialogue box will open in front of you with filtering options, you just need to select the right requirements i.e. select Labels from the drop down, then just select the applicable labels. You can add multiple labels, if you wish to.

Automate2.png

Automate3.png

After this, just select the frequency you wish to pause the ads for, since you want to permanently pause the ad 1, you can select 'one time' as the frequency, followed by the time at which you wish to pause the ad.

Similarly, you can set up the enable ads feature from the 'Automate' drop down and set similar conditions to automatically enable the ad copy 2.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Barb, as Shashank has suggested, it's quite possible to use Automated Rules to control the enabling and pausing of specified elements.

However, I'd just ad that if your requirements are anything other than fairly simple, you may find Scripts more useful and flexible as a single script could handle both the pausing and re-enabling without the need to create multiple rules.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There,

That Can be done first you just need to filter by specific label, then select which ad you want to run then you need to click on Automate you will get an option to create your rule that's how you can navigate and scheduling .
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Barb,

As Jyoti mentioned you just need to go to the ads tab, select automate, then the option 'Pause ads when', you can either start this by selecting a particular ad copy or to make changes to multiple ad copies just click on Automate & then select 'Pause Ads when'.

Automate.png

A dialogue box will open in front of you with filtering options, you just need to select the right requirements i.e. select Labels from the drop down, then just select the applicable labels. You can add multiple labels, if you wish to.

Automate2.png

Automate3.png

After this, just select the frequency you wish to pause the ads for, since you want to permanently pause the ad 1, you can select 'one time' as the frequency, followed by the time at which you wish to pause the ad.

Similarly, you can set up the enable ads feature from the 'Automate' drop down and set similar conditions to automatically enable the ad copy 2.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Barb, as Shashank has suggested, it's quite possible to use Automated Rules to control the enabling and pausing of specified elements.

However, I'd just ad that if your requirements are anything other than fairly simple, you may find Scripts more useful and flexible as a single script could handle both the pausing and re-enabling without the need to create multiple rules.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks all! Yes, the number of ads I have is totally manageable so far. So I'll likely start out with the automation. Thanks for the reminder on the scripts.

Cheers!
Barb