1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended account...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am really new to this. My account was suspended because my "landing page" was not full of content. I don't even know how I chose a landing page. I seem to remember I copied an HTML code and planted within the HTML of my website somewhere but could not find any information on this when I tried to change it all. I believe I may have landed on page 1 of my website and should have landed elsewhere. 1. How do I find the "code" HTML for my ad to place it in my website HTML? 2. Where do I place the code HTML for my ad in my website? Thanks so much!! I am truly lost! Phil
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suspended account...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello pakmeg,

It sounds like you are confusing Google AdWords with Google AdSense -

https://www.google.com/adsense

The only typical code required when using AdWords is conversion tracking code and that has no relation to placing an ad on your landing page. Are you attempting to create an ad for your own website or place an ad on your site with the intention of generating click revenue?

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From my understanding, I create the ad and it must  be linked to my website.  It needs to go to a "landing page".  I believe I chose the first page of the website as a landing page and Google feels there is not enough content on that page, which there is not.  I need to link the ad to a different page.  How do I do that?  Phil K

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with ScottyD.  When you say HTML, do you really mean to say a link URL?  You are talking about copying and pasting an HTML block of code into your website.  You don't do this with Adwords; you do this with Adsense.

I am really lost when you are talking about finding the "code" HTML for your ad to place into your website HTML.  There is no code to place into your website HTML because your ads would be served on Google search results pages or on other people's sites in the Google Display Network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, thanks.  I must be REALLY confused!  Thanks for your help!  Phil K

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Phil,

Just want to make sure I follow...Do you just want to point your ads to a different landing page?

As in your ads when clicked takes you to website.com/page1 and you want to try website.com/page2?

If that is the case you just need to edit the display/destination URL on your ad test - visit the ADS tab and place your mouse pointer over the ad text you want to edit and look for the pencil icon. Click that you can edit your ads.

NOW before you do that (if that is even what you want to do Smiley Happy you may want to consider pausing this old ad copy to preseve the data and creating a new adcopy with the revised landing page.  I say this because when you edit ad text it resets the stats to 0.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

H Phil,

Allow me to understand what you are saying here (Please correct me if I wrong).

It seems that your account got suspended because of Landing Page violations. As you said you included some HTML on your website and uploaded the page. Now my question is that whether this page i.e. PAGE 1 contains any relevant content with respect to your text ad which you created or not. Please note that in case you uploaded something on your website, without any hands on experience in HTML , then I would strongly encourage you to hire one web adminstrator who can take care of your website and build what you really want to advertise.

Now talking in terms of Adwords, you do have to follow some guidelines to create good informative website landing pages, so that you are allowed to advertise here.

Below links should help you in that:

Landing page & site quality guidelines

Webmaster Guildelines

Hope that may be of some help!

Pankaj

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies.