3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Suggestions of use for Travel Blogger

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am very new to AdWords and my travel blog. http://www.waywardwanderers.com and want to use AdWords to bring more people in to my site. I've decided the best thing is to send people to my newsletter sign up. How do I do this? What would I say in an ad?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suggestions of use for Travel Blogger

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Sending people only to your newsletter is not a great idea, based on what they will decide to receive your newsletter. You have first to convince them that your blog is deserved to be followed.

I would suggest to pick some of the best articles you've written and start promoting them, once people reach your blog to read those articles, you can use a strong call to action in the sidebar to encourage the readers to sign up in your newsletter.

In terms of what you say in the ad, in this case it will depend on the article you promote.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I agree with Ahmed; First decide on the business model to generate revenues from the traffic driven. Unless you have a clear business model - I would allocate the money to SEO. (i.e in the organic search results)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the advice. That makes sense to me. I think I will do what Moshe suggests and spend a little more time on SEO instead of AdWords for now...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I'm going to spend more time on SEO. I actually just started Analytics academy to learn that portion. Do you know of any free places I can learn SEO and get certificates for the work I do?