AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Suggest CPA for Online Medical Course.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , I'm planning to run a lead gen campaign on online medical courses. So can anyone suggest what will be the average CPA ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Suggest CPA for Online Medical Course.

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Nandish,

I don't think anyone can suggest a CPA for you because it depends on your business. How much can and are you willing to pay for 1 lead?

Before deciding on that question, you'd need to have answers to other questions:

• what 's the lead to customer ratio. (how many leads do you need to get 1 customer)
  • how much profit do you make on 1 customer

When you know the answer to those questions, you know the maximum you want to pay for 1 lead:

max CPA = profit per customer / number of leads you need to get 1 customer

If you don't have answers to those questions, I'd advise to run the campaigns a few months in manual CPC bidding in order to get an idea (once you have enough leads per month, you can turn on conversion optimizer and adwords will propose a CPA)

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

I just see that I might have misread your question, if you're just looking to get an idea as to how much you'll be paying per lead.

That would be difficult as well though, as your CPA will depend on, amongst others:

• Your quality score and bid
  • Keywords you chose
  • Quality and conversion rate of your website / landing page

This will be different for every advertiser

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
If this is your first time running the campaign, and you don't know how well it will perform, you should not choose CPA bidding.

CPA bidding works on historical data, and the more conversions there are, the better it will perform. So potentially you can waste a lot of money using CPA bidding on something you have little data on. does that make sense?

You could start the campaign as CPC, and set it to be conversion optimized as soon as you can. Once the campaign is performing well and has good conversion data that would be the perfect time to change it to CPA bidding.

Think of CPA as a boost that you can apply to areas you know are going to perform very well for a length of time. CPA should never just be left to run on its own, and should be monitored on at least a fortnightly basis. Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Nandish,

I have ran lead gen campaigns for medical courses in the past but my targeted locations were mainly North America, UK, Europe. If it helps, my CPA for these locations were some where in the order of Euro 30 - Euro 100.

I understand that this a big number but this was mainly because my targeted themes also had a lot of generic ones. If you limit your themes to just the online spectrum then i think you may see a lower CPA than mine but if you were to target generic themes as well, you may record leads at a higher CPA than expected.

To get a better idea, why don't you use the Keyword Tool to understand the traction that your themes would receive for your targeted locations and depending on that, you can decide your overall budget and the CPA targets.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"