AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Such thing as "modified phrase" keyword?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Suppose i sell red fluffy shoes.... and want to target city...

is this something that u can do on adwords?

+"los angeles" red fluffy shoes

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author taewoo
September 2015

Re: Such thing as "modified phrase" keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Taewoo, Modified Phrase Match is not currently supported. You can get close using Modified Broad +los +angeles red +fluffy +shoes will match queries that contain all the terms with a preceding plus sign, but they can appear in search queries in any order. New Wiki on Match Types: http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Keyword-Match-Types-for-Search-Campaigns/ta... -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author taewoo
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Taewoo, Modified Phrase Match is not currently supported. You can get close using Modified Broad +los +angeles red +fluffy +shoes will match queries that contain all the terms with a preceding plus sign, but they can appear in search queries in any order. New Wiki on Match Types: http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Keyword-Match-Types-for-Search-Campaigns/ta... -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Tom, thanks as always.

Near phrase near Exact match types

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Though, there have been rumors that they are coming soon....

http://www.sleepinggiantmedia.co.uk/posts/google-releases-near-phrase-and-near-exact-match-types/

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Near phrase near Exact match types

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Moshe,

I saw that same article just last week.  It threw me off big time when I was writing about Match Types. Smiley Happy  I think having those 'near' options will be another great tool to have.

-Tom

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Moshe, I am very suspicious about this article because on what grounds this article has been published. As per the official Adwords blog, there has been no such announcement.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Pankaj;

I was also sceptical at first, but then, noticed on a Spanish TC G+ another link

So, is there smoke without a fire?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Taewoo,

The other guys have told that "modified phrase" is not an option. You're example here actually shows a combination of match types. You can't do that either.

On the other hand, targeting a city is best done with geo-targeting rather than with keywords. When you geo-target your campaign to Los Angeles, and your keyword is "red fluffly shoes" (yes, that's phrase match), a search query of "los angeles red fluffy shoes" will trigger your ad. Further a keyword [red fluffy shoes] (exact match) could also be triggered by the same query.

It's really not necessary to include locations in your keywords if your campaign is properly targeted geographically.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords