Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Structure for a GDN Campaign targeted to cities

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I keep asking questions for GDN ..tks for your help...

What could be the best choice as to the structure of a campaign on GDN  ?

Case : The advertiser has one budget but splited among retails stores  (which are independant from one another but under the same Brand name). The concept is web to store, so customers can order online but have to fetch the delivery from the retail shop. Retailers want to advertise only for their own local areas (of course).
So, creating individuals campaigns, but restricted to cities could be a possibility ? But the main problem is that to narrow the geographical zone will shrinked the impression potential ? Isn't it ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Structure for a GDN Campaign targeted to cities

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is not as simple a question as it sounds. There are different ways to handle this.

Yes, I would use either separate campaigns or separate accounts to serve traffic for separate retail stores where the advertising was being paid for by different people.

Yes, restricting the individual campaigns to the cities where the retail stores are located will shink the pool of impressions. I assume the retail stores are not willing to pay to advertise to "customers" who are never going to be able to make a purchase, right? So serving a smaller population isn't a negative, it's a positive.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Garguier,

You can choose one method by your advertising requirements.

But I would suggests you can create individuals campaigns for particular city or country targeted.
Here you can use the advantage of Labels to see the campaigns performance of particular City or Country. And you can use single Remarketing code in your website.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

This is not as simple a question as it sounds. There are different ways to handle this.

Yes, I would use either separate campaigns or separate accounts to serve traffic for separate retail stores where the advertising was being paid for by different people.

Yes, restricting the individual campaigns to the cities where the retail stores are located will shink the pool of impressions. I assume the retail stores are not willing to pay to advertise to "customers" who are never going to be able to make a purchase, right? So serving a smaller population isn't a negative, it's a positive.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Theresa_Zook,

Anyway,  i realise that my question was a bit silly, as you can't define a separate budget at the adgroup level (in the case that i'd have chosen 1 adgroup = 1 city) ; so you 're obliged to use separated campaigns or as you say, separated accounts .

Thanks for your  help.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Garguier,

You can choose one method by your advertising requirements.

But I would suggests you can create individuals campaigns for particular city or country targeted.
Here you can use the advantage of Labels to see the campaigns performance of particular City or Country. And you can use single Remarketing code in your website.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’