AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Strange searches on keywords.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All

I have some strange searches showing up like

"port porte vinduer døre have byg"

"rund seng porte vinduer døre have byg"

which is generic search terms and not a search

Should i block them or what are they?

adwords

adwords.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Strange searches on keywords.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi DMDOORS,

I'd really recommend looking into which broad match keywords you have included in your campaign as something must be triggering these. Do you have anything related to "porte vinduer" for example?

If these terms aren't relevant to your marketing goals then feel free to add them as negative keywords. If you find that you keep getting lots of these then you might want to consider using a more restrictive match type on your keywords such as phrase or exact for example.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey scotty

Thanks for taking your time to answer.

i am matching them with a broad match, but they seem to be "computer generated" and not a normal search like "big green garagedoors"

and i get them with all searches where i have a broad match and i cannot remove my broad matches.

Regards
Daniel

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Daniel,

What is happening when you try to remove the broad matches? In the Keywords tab you should see a green icon next to each keyword, if you click on this there will be an option to pause or remove them. 

I'd personally recommend download AdWords Editor, copying and pasting your keywords in each ad group from there and then change the copies into phrase match while pausing the original broad match keywords. AdWords will speed up the process in doing this, I can provide you with steps if you need them.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Also check if these search terms come exclusively from the Network "Search partners" . 

When you are in the search terms report in AdWords click the button "Segment" and then "Network (with search partners)" .

Then check under each search term, which network brings the clicks : Google search or Search partners

I suspect all clicks come from the Search Partners network , and you could disable this targeting at the campaign settings.