Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Stop showing display ads to people who have already converted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I know that you can stop showing display ads to people who have been to your website or specific url's of your website. my problem is that I use contact form 7 for most of my websites and I do not have a thank you url, but I do have the event tracked as a goal in Google Analytics.

Does anyone know how to prevent display ads from showing to people who have completed certain events or goals that do not involve a URL?

Cheers,

Andrew

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrew H
February 2017

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

You'll need to have GA linked to your Adwords account.  You'll then want to go into GA under Admin and under 'property' click on 'audience definitions' and then click on audiences.  From there, you'll add '+ new audience', select your view and destination account, then click next step.  For audience definition you will select 'create new' > sequences> then hit the drop down menu and search for your goal completion you have set up.  Click 'apply' and then create your 'audience name' and save.   When you go to your remarketing campaign > display network> interest & remarketing>  at the very bottom you can select audiences to exclude from your remarketing list you created. 

Hope this answers your question.

-Orlando

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Orlando, You absolute legend! This is exactly what i was looking for!

Cheers,

Andrew