4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Stop setting up first campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have inadvertantly started my first campaign and do not even know what I am doing. I do not want to continue the process of setting up the first campaign untill I have a learnt a bit more about what this is really all about. I am now unable to stop the process of setting up this first campaign.

I would appreciate some assistance.

How can I stop this process?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Stop setting up first campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Robin G,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

It would be difficult to understand AdWords' interface better before you create a campaign. If you do not actually wish to start a real campaign, I would advise you to get ahead to fill in the test/dummy content in the campaign and skip setting up the billing. 

Once you have setup the campaign, simply pause it, you won't have any charge and still would be able to explore AdWords. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem and want to do what you say, but I cannot "skip setting up the billing".

Can you please explain how to do that ?

TIA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

I am just setting up my company and website now and i am just now starting to understand how everything works, so i do not want to launch any first campaign at this moment. You said in your reply that we can skip the billing set-up step. Can you please explain concretely how to do that because i do not see any possibility to skip this step.

Thank you for your assistance!