AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Status "limited by budget" alternatives

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear 

First I want to thank you for being so great, my last question was answered very fast and it was very helpful.

Now I think that I have encountered an interesting problem that hopefully it can be solved.

Until a month ago o a little more my daily budget was of 15 dollars per day. My campaign runs only from Monday to Friday from 7 AM until 11 PM. Now some keywords and ads don’t want to show due to my status of “limited by budget” I have check how much Google ads is asking me in order to ran those keywords and is triple, is asking me a budget of 45 dollars per day, which I can't afford. Note that I am paying what the bid is asking to pay, that is not the problem the keywords and ads are not running due to my status of “limited by budget”

I have one campaign with two Ad groups.

One ad group has 15 keywords and 6 ads. My second ad group has 6 keywords and 3 ads.

The question is how to make my campaign keywords and ads run with out needing to pay triple for my daily budget? If reducing keywords and ads is the answer Im more than happy to do it.

Hope anyone can help,

Best wishes

Bruno Romero

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author NatacionAngelRomero
September 2015

Re: Status "limited by budget" alternatives

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bruno Romero,

The system shows the warning 'limited by budget' when you have a low daily budget and your bids are high.

The message will appear, when your budget is below the recommended amount, it's possible that your budget can't accommodate all of the traffic available for your keywords and other campaign targeting settings. To make sure that your budget lasts throughout the day, AdWords will reduce how often your ads appear. Ads in the campaign can still appear, but might not appear as often as they could.

If you can't increase the daily budget, one thing you can try is lowering your keyword bids. Lowering bids for budget-constrained campaigns could reduce the average amount you pay when someone clicks your ads, with the potential for your budget to go further and get more clicks.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375418#budget

Another suggestion I would like give is, reduce the number of ads in the one ad group where you are currently running 6 ads. As your budget is limited, you will not get many clicks to evaluate the performance of all the 6 ads when they rotate evenly(you should be rotation your ads to give equal opportunity to all you ads). A better approach will be, run three ads at a time, find a winner and then create and test new ads based on those results.

My 2 cents,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @NatacionAngelRomero further to @Deepak_V's excellent advice, you may also want to reduce the number of Keywords you're using.  In almost all cases a handful of Keywords provide the majority of the valuable visits to your site, so reducing the number of less effective Keywords allows more budget to go to the effective ones.

You could also try narrowing your targeting - either geographically by targeting a smaller region or, if using the Display Network, by restricting the demographics of your audience (or, of course, both).  You can usually test the effectiveness of a Campaign in a much smaller area than your ideal target; once you have established high performance and are reaching your goals, you can extend the Campaign again.

On the subject of goals, what are yours?  Are you promoting an ecommerce site or other financial transaction?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Bruno Romero,

The system shows the warning 'limited by budget' when you have a low daily budget and your bids are high.

The message will appear, when your budget is below the recommended amount, it's possible that your budget can't accommodate all of the traffic available for your keywords and other campaign targeting settings. To make sure that your budget lasts throughout the day, AdWords will reduce how often your ads appear. Ads in the campaign can still appear, but might not appear as often as they could.

If you can't increase the daily budget, one thing you can try is lowering your keyword bids. Lowering bids for budget-constrained campaigns could reduce the average amount you pay when someone clicks your ads, with the potential for your budget to go further and get more clicks.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375418#budget

Another suggestion I would like give is, reduce the number of ads in the one ad group where you are currently running 6 ads. As your budget is limited, you will not get many clicks to evaluate the performance of all the 6 ads when they rotate evenly(you should be rotation your ads to give equal opportunity to all you ads). A better approach will be, run three ads at a time, find a winner and then create and test new ads based on those results.

My 2 cents,

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @NatacionAngelRomero further to @Deepak_V's excellent advice, you may also want to reduce the number of Keywords you're using.  In almost all cases a handful of Keywords provide the majority of the valuable visits to your site, so reducing the number of less effective Keywords allows more budget to go to the effective ones.

You could also try narrowing your targeting - either geographically by targeting a smaller region or, if using the Display Network, by restricting the demographics of your audience (or, of course, both).  You can usually test the effectiveness of a Campaign in a much smaller area than your ideal target; once you have established high performance and are reaching your goals, you can extend the Campaign again.

On the subject of goals, what are yours?  Are you promoting an ecommerce site or other financial transaction?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much, make my life lots easier. I will try inmediately your suggestions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your advice, sounds really good and I will try right away. We are a swimming school and fitness center in Lima Peru. Our main goal is to gain the first positioning in google search. I was also recommended to improve my SEO, so we are working in that as I was told that the word press admin has SEO tools. Thanks again for your time

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Bruno Romero,

Your AdWords account performance has absolutely no effect on your organic page rank. Nothing you do with AdWords will help you gain first position in google search organic listings.

You can optimize your AdWords campaigns so your ad will show at the top of the page as paid results.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would suggest you to have a look at the Search Term Report and add Negative Keywords. This will help avoid your ads showing up for non relevant searches & even avoid invalid clicks.

Since your budget is limited, you might want to eliminate wasteful ad spend

Negative keyword.png