AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Static banner Ads Vs Flash Ads!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team, 

I read a post on "www.searchengineland.com" Where they actually defining the display campaign best practice that static banner ads always good CTR always as compare to the flash banner. But as we know in the static banner have very limited character limit. So could you please let me know that the what is the best practice on the display network. 

For more Information Visit :- 

http://searchengineland.com/image-ads-best-practice-google-display-network-campaigns-202864?utm_camp...

Thanks & Regard, 

Rishi Acharya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Re: Static banner Ads Vs Flash Ads!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

I just had a quick breeze over the article (about 15 seconds) but already I could tell that you may have misinterpreted what he was saying. The article mentions that you should always have a static image in your ad rotation.

This tells me that the best practice, according to the article, and I would have to agree, is to test both. You never know what will work best for you.

I recently ran a campaign targeting specific countries with low desktop but high mobile penetration and actually found that a gif banner (3 panes on a 3 second rotation each) ran a lot better (a 3.16% CTR versus a 0.7% CTR). This for display was awesome and was worried that the movement may be attracting unwanted clicks but my conversions rate went up as well (and they were viable leads).

Moral of the story. Test both on your campaigns and make sure to evaluate them correctly, for example not only number of leads but quality of leads etc.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

I just had a quick breeze over the article (about 15 seconds) but already I could tell that you may have misinterpreted what he was saying. The article mentions that you should always have a static image in your ad rotation.

This tells me that the best practice, according to the article, and I would have to agree, is to test both. You never know what will work best for you.

I recently ran a campaign targeting specific countries with low desktop but high mobile penetration and actually found that a gif banner (3 panes on a 3 second rotation each) ran a lot better (a 3.16% CTR versus a 0.7% CTR). This for display was awesome and was worried that the movement may be attracting unwanted clicks but my conversions rate went up as well (and they were viable leads).

Moral of the story. Test both on your campaigns and make sure to evaluate them correctly, for example not only number of leads but quality of leads etc.

Good Luck

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton M,
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks & Regard,
Rishi

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rishi,

Adding on Clynton's points.

Maximum of the people are no a days turning desktop to mobile. Maximum searches are happening on Mobile devices instead of Desktop.

Most of the mobile devices does not support flash banners which directly impacts your CTR.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Thanks
Kushal