6.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Sponsored ads on TripAdvisor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just curious -- on TripAdvisor for hotels in a certain city- there is always one hotel at the top highlighted as "Sponsored." How do we go about being "Sponsored" more often... is it through Google AdWords? I have tried reaching out to TripAdvisor but I've gotten no response.

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sponsored ads on TripAdvisor

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Sarah,

These will be sponsored listings from listed business owners.

This means you have to already have a business listed on Trip Advisor in order to promote it so that it appears as "Sponsored"

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GetListedNew

Once you're listed, you'll find options for promoting your listing.

Ali

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah,

If you wish to advertise on tripadvisor.com via AdWords, you are advised to enter it as placement in the Display Planner (find it under the upper TOOLS tab). Aceptable ad formats will be listed for you by Google.

You need some learning as well:

*** Display Planner basics ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115

Best,
Lakatos

Sponsored ads on TripAdvisor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I noticed a sponsored listing on facebook for tripadvisor. How do I find out about that program

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah M, That is not the AdWords listing. It is direct buying from TripAdvisor. 

In addition of this TripAdvisor is Google Search Partner, so you can ran the Google normal search campaigns and enable Search partner sites, Your ads may appear on TripAdvisor.

Trip Advisor-3.PNG

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think Sarah meant that: how to make such sponsored listing? is it via AdWords or via TA?

Bez tytułu.png