Guide Me
star_border

Specific YouTube channel syntax?

R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seems like nobody has the answer for this...

I want to target specific youtube channels and was told to just paste the channel's address into the placements on adwords which seems wrong since the address is weird and long and it doesn't seem like adwords will know to target each and every video on that channel instead of looking just at the channel itself.

Is it like this?

www.youtube.com::channelname

or like this?

www.youtube.com/user/channelname

I went through this thread and it seems no one has the answer:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/How-to-target-youtube-channels-in-dislpay-...

Would appreciate some help here.

Thanks,

Roy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Specific YouTube channel syntax?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

For this you will need to create a video campaign and then add video placement targeting available in it..

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Rohit khanna

R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't need a video campaign as I'm using 300x250 ads

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Did you try to add placements directly from display planner? When I adding chanells from it they have following format googleadsensevideosite.com/ca-pub-6219811747049371::afv_user_l34um1

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't as I didn't find the way to do that, it just looks for websites and not inside youtube itself for some reason...
I will try this way you provided, thanks alot!

R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
ok, a little question...
What exactly is considered the channel name? I guess it's not the name it's what shows in the link, am I right?

For example the YouTube channel called Complex has this address:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpFHkjOa7ia6bH5_6cDsDXg
So I guess that: UCpFHkjOa7ia6bH5_6cDsDXg
is the channel link i need to use right?

I have noticed that some channels have that long gibberish name and some have a certain name that mostly matches their channel name, but not all the time.

Could someone clarify?

Roy

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Ok, i doubt you will be able to target a channel name for a banner but not sure. However, you can target a particular video for the same.

With respect to channel names, yes, some channels have wierd long tail names. In order to verify, just click on the name of the channel, mentioned on the youtube page and whatever url pops up, thats your channel name (which will start with youtube.com/....................)

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
R G
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The placement link was for video/any type of ad (by what youtube said), so i think it should work...

Thanks alot,
Roy

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Roy, please refer to my screenshot to see how I have added chanells

Also I was able to add specific chanells typing them into search: 

I have just added youtube chanells in one of my display campaigns - let's see how it will go.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Everything is working - in last 2 hours I have already got more than 1000 impressions from those chanells which I have choosen using method described above.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency