2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Someone from google is requesting MCC access to my client's MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I have 2 new clients attached to my MCC and they both recently got an MCC access request from someone with a google.com email.(same person). The person's name has -Agency after it. I don't know why this is happening but this is the 4th time it has happened to a new client, my previous client's ignored the request but im just wondering why this keeps happening, I also dont have the option to decline or accept the request even if I have administrative access. Im guessing only the client can accept/decline the request.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulSRodney11
September 2015

Re: Someone from google is requesting MCC access to my client'

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

Send an email to the Googler and ask. Explain who you are and what you do etc...and that these are your clients.

We've experienced numerous times where Google attempts to contact newer clients in our MCC - "Oh, we're Google and we'll help you for free" etc....If this is the case, you have to put a stop to it immediately or find out if that is an actual agency rep attempting to help you out.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Based on my experience: Google does not  ask to grant access. Google  Reps   can access the account (for auditing / billing / optimizing and policy issues) without asking  the owner to grant access.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
In my experience, at least here in Ireland, the Google rep will inform the agency managing the account and let THEM explain to the client that they will be requesting access. Obviously this isn't universal though.

I've noticed a few cases of this happening over the past year.

Paul, can you confirm with your client that they were not contacted by a Google rep prior to this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The client gave me access to the gmail his using for adwords and no emails from google regarding it. Im only basing that its a google rep because they have the google.com address. Both of my clients(unrelated to each other) have the same person requesting access. I attached a screenshot. http://screencast.com/t/jvz8ZO4IlyIp
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulSRodney11
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Paul,

Send an email to the Googler and ask. Explain who you are and what you do etc...and that these are your clients.

We've experienced numerous times where Google attempts to contact newer clients in our MCC - "Oh, we're Google and we'll help you for free" etc....If this is the case, you have to put a stop to it immediately or find out if that is an actual agency rep attempting to help you out.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’