AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Some allowed to advertise and some not allowed?? What is this??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently we got our account banned. As everybody knows, Google does not allow the advertising of fake website traffic. However, we prooved Google that we were not selling Fake Traffic. Their reviewed our site and concluded that in fact, we were not selling fake traffic. However, they still didn't allowed us to return as we were selling guaranteed traffic, well, ir was impossible to show them that we were selling Full Page Advertising (interstitial ads) suddenly they stopped answering, I just guess they had no valid answer.

Later that month, all alike websites, some of them even selling fake traffic, which no one could verify, were also removed from adwords. Well, we thoight that was "more fair".

But in the last couple of month, we started seeing ads from tht kind of sites. Even MOST of them, do not show where are they getting their traffic from. After sending emails to Google Adwords (no response), we also tried the feedback option, adn the ads are still there.

So my question is:

HOW CAN SOME WEBSITES ADVERTISE WHILE OTHERS (like ours, offering a real service anyone can verify as it is 100% transparent) CAN'T?

Make a simple search, "buy traffic", sites like http://www.yourtrafficadvertising.com/ or http://www.hivisits.com/ and many more are advertising. HOW COME?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Bridging Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello fbender;

My answer will be a short one: there are many out there that violate the Policy and haven't been caught ( they will eventually) - That doesn't mean that your site can violate policy.

I picked two sentences from terms and conditions of the links you gave :

• " ..."You rtraffic advertising" by clservice guarantees we will redirect as many visitors as you have bought to the selected URL..."
  • "...Our goal is to provide our clients with the most efficient and effective service available on the web by delivering real web traffic to their websites...."

Those are a clear violation of the Policy :

• "Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site."

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Bridging Site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello fbender;

My answer will be a short one: there are many out there that violate the Policy and haven't been caught ( they will eventually) - That doesn't mean that your site can violate policy.

I picked two sentences from terms and conditions of the links you gave :

• " ..."You rtraffic advertising" by clservice guarantees we will redirect as many visitors as you have bought to the selected URL..."
  • "...Our goal is to provide our clients with the most efficient and effective service available on the web by delivering real web traffic to their websites...."

Those are a clear violation of the Policy :

• "Google AdWords doesn't allow ads that promote bridge pages. A bridge page, also known as a doorway page, is a web page created for the main purpose of sending visitors to a different site."

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Some allowed to advertise and some not allowed?? What is this??

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi fbender

None of us on the forum have access to your discontinued account to comment on what happened, and I can imagine that you are frustrated at the situation where you can see others allowed to do something that you were banned for. Here is an information page about inappropriate sites, and the form you will need for reporting an ad/website violation .

I'm sorry but I don't know the reason why you have been banned but others are allowed to carry on, I can only imagine that in time they too would be suspended if they are found to be violating policies themselves.

Best regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Moshe: Exactly, those are clear violations.

However, our website is nothing like theirs. We are an advertising network, we offer both sides, advertisers and publishers. But instead of serving text ads, we focus only on full page ads. Which are not against Google TOS. BUT, when we launched, back in 2003 or so, we decided to call it "visitors" or "traffic" instead "impressions" like others do, just to differentiate from our competitors. We advertised on Google for like 6 years, no issue at all. But as it became something viral, people created websites selling "fake traffic" using software or scripts to generate fake visits, we were marked as one of them and quicked out. Like I said, we tried to reason with google and even they recognized that we were selling advertising, but then they found another reason to leave us out. This goes on for a while, but it isn't the main problem. We managed to survive without adwords and doing quiet fine.

What gets me pissed off is the "unfair" conpetition Google is "promoting". If we can't, and we ARE REAL, then no one doing the same should.

We already submitted emails to google, and feedback and violation reports, nothing happens! No asnwers, no removals, nothing...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Forgot to mention Hel_ipe!

Thank you for your answers both of you!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@fbender

Could you share with us your URL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV I prefer not. I just mentioned some of the sites infringing Google TOS...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
You may find that with some policies there are some 'gray areas'. Google are constantly reviewing the advertising policies and sites associated with this. There is always going to be a case of some sites not being identified and dissaproved accordingly but it will eventually catch up with them.

You have a warranted frustration but the Google policy is clear on theses types of sites. Your interpretation of a viable service may not be what Google deem viable.

MosheTLV issued a clear outline of the policy areas in breach but I am sure this could be subject to interpretation.
Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination