AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Sole Source Letter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I work at a state agency in Virginia. In order for the Marketing Department to purchase Google Ads directly (instead of working through an agency), my Procurement Office is asking me to provide proof of "sole source" status, meaning some kind of letter or documentation that provides that Google marketing/ads are only available through the Google platform. 

Does that make sense? Has anyone heard of Google providing a document (or any other kind of proof) along those lines to a (relatively small) account? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

Lucy 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucy H
March 2017

Sole Source Letter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lucy,

The term "sole source" is typically used with corporations and the Government. In the strictest sense, it means that the agreement is operated with a competitive edge... that only one known source for such an product or service exists. Of course, over time this meaning has expanded some and can apply in ways like this but not precisely this. 

It is an absolute fact that Google owns and operates AdWords and that all must deal with Google to use/operate AdWords. There is no getting around this. You can use this website to acquire enough info to compile the letter yourself.... or you can call the number at the bottom and ask for assistance.

Also, read this article and extract the info needed to write the letter.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lucy H
March 2017

Sole Source Letter

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lucy,

The term "sole source" is typically used with corporations and the Government. In the strictest sense, it means that the agreement is operated with a competitive edge... that only one known source for such an product or service exists. Of course, over time this meaning has expanded some and can apply in ways like this but not precisely this. 

It is an absolute fact that Google owns and operates AdWords and that all must deal with Google to use/operate AdWords. There is no getting around this. You can use this website to acquire enough info to compile the letter yourself.... or you can call the number at the bottom and ask for assistance.

Also, read this article and extract the info needed to write the letter.

Kind Regards,

James