AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Social Extension, approved but no impression :-(

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

I've readen some posts about the Social extensions, and al though some others users had the same issue, there was no clear answer. So i post my question :

I have an on going campaign where i've created a social extension. The status of the extension is approved, but when i looked at the impressions, i have none/zip/nada/niente... Smiley Sad

I must specify, that for this campaign, an instruction i had was to stay on the Top3 results, so my bid are adjusted to this target. 

The Google+ Page is linked to the website (there is the checked button).

Does anyone knows why it's seems not working?

I wish you all a sunny week. Smiley Happy

Cheers from Mauritius!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexandre B
September 2015

Re: Social Extension, approved but no impression :-(

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for the screenshot!

So the ad in your screenshot is a display ad. So annotations can automatically show on AdSense ads and the number reflects how many people have actually +1ed the ad itself (not the page).

The social annotation that you can set up for AdWords ads is for search ads. And the number should reflect the follower count for the page.

Hope that clarifies!

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Alexandre,

How long has it been since you linked the website and G+ page? I usually say give it 24-48 hours to sync up.

Since the roll-out of Enhanced Campaigns, you no longer have to set anything up in order for social annotations to show with your ad. Three requirements just need to be met:
1) G+ page and website linked (sounds like you've done this)
2) Display URL domain for your ads is the same as the one linked to the G+ page
3) Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers, meaning a minimum of 100 for most companies.

Can you let me know if all those requirements have been met?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Coco,

Thank you for your answer.
I guess my problem is the #3. The G+ Page is linked and the uel domain ads is the same as G+.
But we are only in the cercles of 75 people... :-(

I'm surprised to read about the 100 followers. I don't remember having read that. Is that official or more unofficial?

My last question : i thaught that the +1 displayed on the ads was the same as the +cercles of my G+. Meaning that if i have 200 followers, i would already have +200 on my ads. But, i've seem the ad for SMX NY (my god, i wished so much to be there). And they had only +72 on their ads, while they have more than 3K followers. So what is the relationship beetween the ad and G+?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Alexandre,

The 100 follower bit is official. Found it here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en

If a G+ page has 3K followers, I would expect that to be the number that shows on their ad. Do you have a snapshot or link of the ad saying it has 72 followers instead of the actual follower count?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

If I may jump in here , I think you have seen like me Ads that have such a message "32 people in [City name] +1'd this" , this means that they have a +1 button on their landing page and they received 32 +1's from various people.

The 100 followers for the Google plus page is a different thing.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Coco,
thank you for the link. I haven't seen this one. So now it's well recorded.
I'll try to find a copy of the ad to show you.
Cheers

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,
No, it was a display ad for their NY SMX event. So there was no "XX people in (city) +1'd this".
It was just the sign "+72".
Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Coco,
As i can't add picture on the post, please go to my G+ page to have the view of the add i mentionned.
I've found another sample with the same low +1 and more followers, an even one where i found the ad with social extension but couldn't find their G+ Page (even from their home page).

So, i don't understand, is the +xx on the add is a specific +1 concerning the ad or is it combined with the number of followers of the G+ page?

Cheers

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexandre B
September 2015

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for the screenshot!

So the ad in your screenshot is a display ad. So annotations can automatically show on AdSense ads and the number reflects how many people have actually +1ed the ad itself (not the page).

The social annotation that you can set up for AdWords ads is for search ads. And the number should reflect the follower count for the page.

Hope that clarifies!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Coco, it's much more clear now.