4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Slow adwords approval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is anyone else having really slow approval for their ads? I've been waiting almost a week now for an ad to be approved, it's still just showing under review. Whenever I've made ads before they've been approved within a few hours or a day at most
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Slow adwords approval

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post. Let me find out if there is any slow down with approvals.
Zee
G+

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dave,

So I've talked to our enginners and I can cofirm that there is currenty a delay with ad approvals. The engineers are trying their best to speed up the process. 
Thanks,
Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not trying to hijack the post, but my issue seems similar...

I have approvals for a couple of campaigns in different accounts and they aren't getting any impressions. I manage about 25 accounts, and I have only run into this twice - both in the past two weeks.

In one case, after about 4 days it began to get a few impressions but the other account still gets nothing. Both are campaigns that are time sensitive with short windows of opportunity (a couple of weeks). Other identical campaigns within other accounts that DON'T have end dates kick right up and run as expected...?

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Dave_Shannon and Bcannon,

We aim to review ads within 1-3 business days, though often times they can go through faster than that. Sometimes, ads may take a little bit longer if there are a lot of them in the queue or if they are image ads. That being said, if you wait more than 3 business days for your ads to be reviewed, you can feel free to contact AdWords support to have the review expedited or you can send your ad review request to our team directly via this link: http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?contact_type=approval_request

Follow this link to contact support: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206

Hope that helps!

Best,

Dori

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"I have approvals for a couple of campaigns in different accounts and they aren't getting any impressions."

Approved does not mean eligible, and eligible does not mean ads are showing, correct Zee? 

If the ads are eligible to show, but aren't accruing any impressions, that coould be an issue of adrank, low search volume, etc. Could you expand on the particulars a bit?

"campaigns that are time sensitive with short windows of opportunity" That was one of the big advantages of paused ads now being reviewed. Create the campaign ahead of time, get the ads approved, then when it's time to run the campaign, the ads should be eligible. If not, then you could call support ahead of time.

I do have problems getting ads with the term tab (office folder, or copier tabs), or tablet (PC tablets) approved, because tab or tablet are interpreted as "prescription drug related". When creating ads in the editor, you do see an error message, and an exception request. I don't know whether you will see that error, or have the option for an exception request within the UI.

Could the approval delays be related to content, even if the content is eventually approved? If I know there is a keyword in the ad text that will take more time to get the ad approved, then at least I can avoid using that keyword, for time sensative ads/promotions.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Tom

I've read about and experienced, as you put it, and what I believe to be, ad content being flagged and automatically entering a further review of the ads.  It would be interesting to see if there is a 'list'.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Bcannon,

Tomhalejr is correct - if your ads are "eligible" to show, that means they can show on google.com but have not gone through the full approval process yet (and therefore cannot show on our search partners or the display network). As tonhalejr wrote: if your eligible ads are not accruing any clicks or impressions, it is most likely due to other factors such as low quality score or bid, low search volume, no funds or valid form of payment in your account, etc. Please also keep in mind that statistics are not reported into your account in real time - there can be up to a 3 hour reporting delay.

Tomhalejr is also correct that if you have time-sensitive campaigns, it is best to upload the ads into your account paused well before you'll actually need them to run. This can give our review teams time to review yours ads, and for you to make any appropriate changes to be compliant with our policies if necessary. Approvals may be slightly delayed if we experience have high volumes of new ads requiring approval or, also as mentioned earlier, if they contain a possible trademarked term or content that may not compliant with our policies.

Again, if you run into longer-than-normal wait times (anything after 3 business days), you can feel free to contact our support team by calling, emailing, or chatting in -- or send your ad review request to our team directly via this link: http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/request.py?contact_type=approval_request

Dori

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thank you, Dori and TomHaleJr for explaining how the process works.

Does it make sense for you, Dave_Shannon and Bcannon, now?

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads are just showing "Approval Issue".. Please help.

Web Design Mumbai