4.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Slow AdWords interface with error messages

N/A
# 1
N/A

We have a lot of issues with one of our AdWords accounts with slow loading of pages and receiving error messages when we try to edit something using the interface.

The other of our accounts (UK) has absolutely no issues with speed and the possibility to edit something. But our Danish version is pretty impossible to work with at the moment – and has been like this for almost a week now.

We have tried using different AdWords users (connected to the same account), computers, OS (Mac and Windows), different IP’s, browsers (safari, chrome and firefox), all with cleared history and cookies. AdWords editor on the other hand has no issues downloading or uploading data.

The error messages we receive pop-up when we try using filters inside the keywords tab. One of them is a red box in the top of the screen/interface, telling us that there was an error, and we need to update the page, or log out and into the account and try again.

The other error message pop-up when we try to edit a keywords status with the message that “there is an internal error, please try again later”.

I have uploaded the error messages (in Danish), just so you can see what they look like.

Link 1: http://billedeupload.dk/images/AKJ6.png

Link 2: http://billedeupload.dk/images/RqdJy.png

Re: Slow AdWords interface with error messages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same problem at out office. We get exactly the same error as your "AKJ6.png". But that's the second error. The first error is an actual pop up (Will paste that it in under. Keep reading.)

These issues started 2-3 weeks ago. Just before the error pops up the PCs CPU resources go straight up! Memory is ok, but CPU processes is sky-high.

We have been using Google Chrome but it seems that the error doesn't come as often if we use Firefox. (Sorry Google.)

Today I noticed that this error occurs when clicking on the "Ads" tab. (Campaigns, Ad Group and Keyword tabs don't give this error.)

I copied the first pop up error today. Here it is:
----------------------------------------
A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?__u=3965275114&__c=7660535510&syncServiceIdentity=true#r....
----------------------------------------

We have tried to stop the script and continue. It doesn't help. After clicking on one of the choices either something isn't showing up in the interface (like the Ads!) or something isn't working as it should, or it takes 5 min just to place the cursor withing an Ad (due to the shy-high CPU usage.)

Also I should mention that a co-worker of mine was the first to experience this problem. But his PC actually turned it self completely off when he logged into AdWords user interface! (He was using Google Chrome) ... This was not like the regular "Windows is shutting down" process. It happened in 1 sec, lightning fast, bang(!), and the computer screens were black and PC was shut down. We tried fixing everything on his computer but couldn't figure out what it was. So just before we were about to order a new computer, thinking that it was something wrong with the motherboard, I said to him: "Have you tried using another browser?" He switched to Firefox and now the PC doesn't shut down when logging into AdWords anymore. But he still gets the same error messages as I do sometimes (the one I mentioned above.)

I think this is a user interface issue. Perhaps Google did some updates to the Ads-script or something 2-3 weeks ago?

As I said, switching browsers help, but it doesn't fix the problem completely. But at least we can work with the interface in Firefox.

Hope Google fixes this issue asap. It's very annoying!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
P.S: Haven't tested this thoroughly but it looks like Windows 8 + Google Chrome doesn't have these problems with the CPU increasing when working with Ads in AdWords interface.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah this has been going on for a few weeks now. Everything else works fine but when I try to edit or create ads within the AdWords interface, the system begins to slow down dramatically, then locks up completely and needs to be shut down. I am able to access other websites without problem so the issue is obviously with Google. I've experienced this using Chrome, FF and IE so is not browser specific. I'm using Windows 8. I've cleaned out the cache and that helps as much as closing out and going back in - it works for a bit. 

Slow AdWords interface with error messages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is still been going on today April 19 2018. Adwords does not load properly and it takes forever to load when trying to check between campaigns. Adwords can you fix this?