2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Sitelink extension has no or very low visibility

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a ad group with 4 site links but all are pointing to my main landing page. Does it a cause to get low or no impressions to my sitelinks. the ad is working fine but sitelinks have no impressions.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sitelink extension has no or very low visibility

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rahul,

Make sure that each site link directs to a unique LP.

You are not supposed to direct all of your site links to the same, main landing page. It is recommended by the URL requirements that 80% of the pages content be unique to be considered as different pages.

URL requirements in Policy: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1054210?hl=en

Best,
Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rahul, what's your ads positions? They should have the best position.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rahul,

I agree with Lakatos, but practically you can use you own landing page with different sitelinks. It is possible that your ad position is not good to show sitelinks. Check your performance and ad position.

Hope I helped you.

Thanks
Virendra

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If your sitelinks truly all link to the same page, they're probably only serving on mobile impressions.

Go to the Sitelinks tab, click the "Segment" button, and choose "By device." That will separate your performance numbers into mobile and desktop/tablet. Your probably only have mobile impressions.

If so, here's what's happening:

1) As others have alluded,, AdWords isn't supposed to show two sitelinks for the same page on an ad. If all your sitelinks link to the same page, it means your ad is limited to serving a maximum of one sitelink at a time.

2) However, a desktop/table ad must have two "available" sitelinks in order to actually serve a sitelink at all. Since your ads never have two sitelinks available at once, they can't serve sitelinks on desktop/tablet ads.

3) Mobile ads, on the other hand, only need one available sitelink into order to serve sitelinks. So, your ad should still be eligible to serve a sitelink when the ad is shown on a mobile device.

4) AdWords also isn't supposed to serve sitelinks that link to the same page as the ad's main link, but it's not as good as catching that. If you've been using the same page for the ad and the sitelink, you've been getting lucky.

5) One extra thing that might limit sitelink serving: AdWords won't serve a sitelink that duplicates the ad text, so any sitelinks that duplicate text from the ad will serve even less often than the others.