AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Site suspended due to landing page policy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create an adwords campaing for a website, but the adwords engine tells me:

This ad is not running because it points to a URL that has been suspended for site policy. Please review our landing page policies and make the appropriate updates to your website to allow your ad to start showing again.

I have reviewed the landing page policies and it doesn't seem that the website I'm trying to promote is breaking them in anyway.

I could really use some hints in what would I have to add or change in order to get the site approved by adwords.

The website URL is: http://multidomainsearch.info

Thank you in advance,

Daniela.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author danielamarcu81
September 2015

Re: Site suspended due to landing page policy

Top Contributor
# 17
Top Contributor

danielamarcu81

I do agree and sympathize with your second sentence that:

• "The main issue is the fact that it seems to be a big barrier between ordinary people (like me) and Google"

This is true on AdWords policy issues. This has been conveyed to Google many times.

However, Google is "as hard as steel", that when one website violates the Policy - the whole account is suspended.

Try to call : 1-866-2google

Keep us posted;

I will follow your advice and try to contact google and ask them what's going on. The main issue is the fact that it seems to be a big barrier between ordinary people (like me) and Google since there is (or at least I was not able to find) a clear way to contact them and have them answer back to you. That's also a little bit ironic, since they force you have a contact page on your site.

So any hint in an e-mail address, or a way to contact them in order to express exactly my questions regarding their expectation of the landing page, would be really helpful.

P.S.: They totally blocked my adwords account and this I don't really understand. OK, I agree that you don't like one of my site, but for one site to block other 10 perfectly websites that have been promoted through adwords many years now???

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi danielamarcu81;

It seems that you are mirroring or framing another domain (with no added value...)  - Aren't you? That's a violation of AdWords policy

In Google's own words:

• Mirroring refers to making multiple copies of the same website across different servers or domains. It can also refer to making a website that returns the same exact search results as another site.
  • Framing refers to the use of HTML framesets to display the information from one website within another website.

Google AdWords doesn't allow advertising for sites that do the following:

• Offer no additional value or content beyond what's provided by the page they're copying
  • Offer identical content across templated sites
  • Use identical items such as logos, business names, or images on each site

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi MosheTLV,

I can't see any framing here. What browser are you using?

2. Maybe it could be mirroring, although it does not take design or text from any other "Free Domain Name Generator" Site. Also the "spin" option could be seen as an added value.

3. My suggestion is, that the site was suppended due to the prominent affiliate link to "http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-5667062-10966862" over the fold.
This was an issue I once occured, although the page had added value.

T

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for answering.

No, it's not mirroring or framing. In fact it's a php script developed by my husband and I would like to promote it for him. It's a quite updated, bringing new features regulary. And it also have a blog (updated several times per week).

Of course there are other domain name generators on the web, but if that's what I broke, it means that only one domain name generator is eligible to be promoted forever.

Regarding the content, what else should one expect from a domain name generator than to generate domain names and check their availability. If that's the problem, then any web application is in the same situation.

Regards,

Daniela

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm considering removing the affiliate link, though that shouldn't be a problem since it's only one and I had other sites promoted via adwords having affiliate links on the frontpage.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@ArneTR

I did not  check the source, The "whois" search has no added value...

if you search "domain search", or "whois" you will find dozens similar sites. This landing page does NOT have any added value to a user.

An affiliate link on a web page, that does not have any added value is, surely, a violation of the Policy;

So, no matter how you look into that: This LP does not comply with the Policy.

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That means no domain name generator or whois search tool should be able to promote on adwords?

@MosheTLV wrote:

@ArneTR

I did not  check the source, The "whois" search has no added value...

if you search "domain search", or "whois" you will find dozens similar sites. This landing page does NOT have any added value to a user.

An affiliate link on a web page, that does not have any added value is, surely, a violation of the Policy;

So, no matter how you look into that: This LP does not comply with the Policy.

-Moshe

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

danielamarcu81;

NOPE!

Don't get me wrong : NO Landing page, with NO ADDED value to user, can promote itself using AdWords.

"Inserting" "whois widget" on a landing page, just to drive traffic to a site that doesn't have original and valuable content is not considered "useful, unique, and relevant content that's focused on users, with ads as a secondary purpose" (Google words not mine!)

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, the site is not just a whois widget. It has its own functionality. It generates a list of domain names based on a keyword. Then it's checking the availability of those domain names so generated. You can use the spinner to get short domain names. There are links to the daily updated blog.

Consider facebook. If you don't have an account, the facebook.com landing page is just a form to register. It has no added value for the user. Only after you decided to register you get the content. Yet facebook is advertising a lot on adwords. The comparison is not necessary the best one, but there are similarities. Then consider these scams that offer you "translating jobs" or "paid to read letters schemas" that are advertising a lot over adwords.

I only tend to agree that the affiliate link might be the problem. Still it is not placed on top of the tool, and it's not disturbing the user.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@danielamarcu81;

I was talking about the quality of a landing page, while you looked at the overall site...That's different ...