1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Site Violates Policy - Google Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are getting a message in Adwords that states "site violates policy" for a local business we represent. This is a strange occurrence as we have set up many campaigns for clients without any issue. There is no spam, all content is original, site load speed is good, no adult content, etc. 

Can anyone offer insight as to why this is occurring? Perhaps there is something I am not seeing?

Domain is https://www.fivestarautobody.com/

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

Upon a quick review of the main webpages, I am not seeing any issues? Please use this information and compare it to the website. If needed, you should either contact AdWords support or use the submit for review link listed (with the link I provide).

Please do let us know what you discover. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You should have received an email from Google mentioning the reason. Look for this email, this is the key.

Use the site suspended or the account?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is what the email said. I have reviewed all the items in the Google checklist, and the site does not violate any of them from what I can see:

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
Site violates policy: We've determined that your site doesn't comply with our site policies. Because of this, any ads promoting this site have been disapproved.

For more information about suspended sites, please see:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6368661#675

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't see any issues either, its very weird. I also tried resubmitting the ads, and they were immediately disapproved. It is a site suspension, and not an account. I do not want to keep resubmitting, as this could cause the account to get banned.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi David,

I agree on the resubmitting concern.

Have you reviewed each of the outbound links? Are they all (100%) Google friendly (no spam, malware, etc.)? This would be the only thing I can think of. Maybe run each link in Google Search and see how they show there, too.

Also, have you tried to call AdWords support and have someone review with you? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

J,

I have not reviewed each link specifically, but I know that we don't link to anywhere but his other profiles and business listings. I wonder if it could be the outbound links to view the reviews across the web? We link to Carwise, yelp, Facebook and Google, but these are all legit sites.

Is there a number you could provide me with so that I can call them? Google seems to be making it more difficult to contact them directly these days. Have you ever had to call them about a Google Maps listing? Used to be easy to request a call. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi David,

It could be one of the review links... although we do use Yelp, Facebook and Google on our client sites. Do not use Carwise, nor do I know anything about them... so I would start there. Apply the help file information in your email (and I linked a few post above) and see if they violate any policies. 

To get help with Google AdWords, you would want to open AdWords, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown, or click on Help (same location) and use another method to interact with them. 

To get help with Google My Business stuff, you would want to use the help forum located in this same community. Also, you can get solid support for most all Google products via their specific and official Twitter pages. These are actually offered by them for support now. They are managed very well and by different teams. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@David K

I am out. on mobile.  once back I will ask Google to recheck the csse. please be patient. this could take a while. 

unlike SEO,  unless the links in your site are malicious, their qulity has no effect in terms of Adwords 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

Privacy policy and user testimonial disclaimer. It doesn't seem to happen very often, but I have experienced site suspensions for both reasons, for different clients over the years. It took a minute to get a response from Google, then another couple of days to get the sites re-approved. If you can knock those out real quick, then it certainly wouldn't hurt, even if there's another issue.

Tom