AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Showing seller rating, with out having Google merchant.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

HI,

"You don't need to have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings."

Im interested in showing seller ratings in my adwords, but I don’t user google, merchants.  I use paypal, and bank merchant account.  So how can I show my seller ratings / customer rating?  There is already a testimonial/ star feedback system on the site, also use external reviews on review sites. how do i get this to show?

thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Showing seller rating, with out having Google merchant.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

The conditions are outlined here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375474

• Your campaign must be opted in to Google search.
  • The customer must be searching on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.de, Google.fr, or Google.nl.
  • You must be an advertiser that provides customers with paid goods or services, or one that enables the buying or selling of products or services by way of a marketplace.
  • Your business must have at least 30 unique reviews and a rating of four stars or higher on Google Product Search.
    • At least 10 of these reviews must be in the customer's Google interface language.
    • Google Product Search seller ratings consist of an aggregate ratings score with snippets of customer reviews from third-party sites and Google Checkout.
  • You don't need to have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings.

You need at least 30 reviews, 4 stars or higher and since you don't use Google Merchant Center, you'll need them on the third-party websites Google uses to gather the reviews. You can look at your competition and see where (on which websites) they got their ratings. You might need to register your website on those websites (some may be contain reviews regarding your website even though you did not register the website while others, such as price comparison websites, may require registration and a membership fee).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello.

The conditions are outlined here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2375474

• Your campaign must be opted in to Google search.
  • The customer must be searching on Google.com, Google.co.uk, Google.de, Google.fr, or Google.nl.
  • You must be an advertiser that provides customers with paid goods or services, or one that enables the buying or selling of products or services by way of a marketplace.
  • Your business must have at least 30 unique reviews and a rating of four stars or higher on Google Product Search.
    • At least 10 of these reviews must be in the customer's Google interface language.
    • Google Product Search seller ratings consist of an aggregate ratings score with snippets of customer reviews from third-party sites and Google Checkout.
  • You don't need to have a Google Merchant Center account for your ads to be eligible for seller ratings.

You need at least 30 reviews, 4 stars or higher and since you don't use Google Merchant Center, you'll need them on the third-party websites Google uses to gather the reviews. You can look at your competition and see where (on which websites) they got their ratings. You might need to register your website on those websites (some may be contain reviews regarding your website even though you did not register the website while others, such as price comparison websites, may require registration and a membership fee).

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Are ratings from Google Places used.  Can I place the star ratings from google places in my Adwords ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I was also wondering this......

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is what everyone is wondering. We are an offline business - no Amazon or eBay seller reviews. We're a boat dealership and yacht brokerage. We've got 66 reviews on our Google Plus account with a 4.7 out of 5 rating. Why wouldn't Google show that rating information on our AdWords ads?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Unfortunately, for reasons that I do not understand myself either, stars from reviews on Google Places are only shown if the advertiser is using an AdWords Express account and not a regular AdWords account.

So if you're not using AdWords Express, you cannot, currently, have your Google Places / Google+ Local stars show.

The information comes from the @adwords twitter account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the fast response! Seems crazy but ok.

This begs the question: what is an "express" account and is there a reason I shouldn't switch to that? I have not heard of such an account.