AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Showing ads, the percentage served explanation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm facing a problem that might occur bad for me. I see that since i added some new ads (for different sites) my first ad campaign is dropping like 1% on 2-3 hours, before that it was 100% served. Does those 100% get shared between all registered campaigns in my account or two ads can have 100% served? I'm advertising different websites and somehow I don't really want the one to affect the other campaign.

Thank you very much.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iavor P
September 2015

Re: Showing ads, the percentage served explanation

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I did not understand what you mean by "every domain". I understand that you mean "every campaign".

Again, I assume one account targeting one domain. (Though you could have many campaigns targeting different domains on the same account)

Google will show only one ad per account on the search results page (SERP). Thus, if similar keywords, from different campaigns, (all in the same account)  compete to be matched to a search query, only one will trigger the ad. (As explained, usually the one with the highest ad-rank - though some exceptions).

@Iavor P wrote:
So if I understand you correctly if I set my budget to unlimited and make a default bid high enough every domain each could serve for lets say 60% or 90%?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Iavor P;

Similar keywords do compete;

So, if you have similar keywords in the "old" campaign and in the "new" one, then,   (generally speaking) the keyword which results in the higher ad-rank, or the one which best matches the search query, will be the one to trigger the ad.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there, I'm actually trying to advertise my 7 different websites and serve them 100% is it really necessary to register separate accounts for this?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Opening several accounts for the same business to promote similar products to the same audience is NOT allowed and falls under the "gaining unfair advantage" section  of the Policy.

I would strongly advise  not to take this course of action.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes i saw that one in the policy yesterday and read about it on the web. So in conclusion there isn't any way to make every website 100% served all the time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Iavor P;

Hmm... Nope: 

A correction:

The web site could be served all times if you bid high enough and have a  high ad-rank and "unlimited"  budget.
Not all campaigns could be served all time, targeting the same domain - (assuming that you follow the Policy)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So if I understand you correctly if I set my budget to unlimited and make a default bid high enough every domain each could serve for lets say 60% or 90%?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Before I reply - just to make sure - we are talking here about a search campaign. Aren't we? Can you confirm?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes search only network. Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Iavor P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

I did not understand what you mean by "every domain". I understand that you mean "every campaign".

Again, I assume one account targeting one domain. (Though you could have many campaigns targeting different domains on the same account)

Google will show only one ad per account on the search results page (SERP). Thus, if similar keywords, from different campaigns, (all in the same account)  compete to be matched to a search query, only one will trigger the ad. (As explained, usually the one with the highest ad-rank - though some exceptions).

@Iavor P wrote: