AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Show ads evenly Vs Accelerated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have campaigns running in off-hours. And their daily budget is set to $75+. But i have spend on these campaigns just around $30 each. I want to utilize all assigned budget for these campaigns. Now my question is:

1.) How does show my ads evenly works: If i have i.) No ads scheduling ii.) Ad scheduling for off hours only(5am-8am and 7pm-23pm).

2.) How does accelerate ads till budget reach option help me to solve me problem.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Show ads evenly Vs Accelerated

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Mary,

If you are using ad scheduling to run your ads only in off-hours, then your ads will be visible only on off-hours.

Standard and accelerated are two options under the 'Delivery method (advanced)'

Standard option will show your ads evenly over time (in your case, during off-hours as per your scheduling) and 'Accelerated' will Show ads more quickly until budget is reached.

As you are not spending your allocated daily budget it will be a good idea to test 'Accelerated' ad delivery method.

Standard or accelerated methods will not affect your ad scheduling (the time you decided to show your ads). It will only affect the ad delivery when the ads are running.

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mary

Ad delivery option help advertisers to decide that whether they want show their ads throughout the day or as soon as any relevant query is searched. As you have mentioned that your budget is not exhausting in the time period you are running ads, so this option is of no use in that case.

It helps those advertisers who have limited budget and they want to show their ads evenly throughout the day. If you start running your campaigns for whole day than this option will help you to show your ads evenly throughout the day.

Read this Adwords Help page for more info:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en-AU

I hope this helps!

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Mary.

As my fellow community members have already pointed out, choosing accelerated delivery may help you spend your daily budget.

I cannot remember exactly where I've read it, but I think accelerated delivery will show your ad every time a search term matches one of your keywords.

If, and that's a big if, your ad rank is high enough to put you on the search results page, every time a search term matches one of your keywords.

Another condition is to have enough search queries that may trigger keywords in your portfolio to show ads, for the area / language / time of day / etc. that you're targeting. If there simply aren't enough search queries, you won't be able to exhaust your budget unless you expand your targeting or raise your bids.

Take a look at Impression share, at campaign level and at keyword level (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?ctx=tltp) and diagnose your keywords to see why they don't trigger ads (in case they don't).

As you can see, apart from just changing the delivery method you may need to work on your keywords, ads and also bids in order to be able to spend your available budget.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Mary,

If you are using ad scheduling to run your ads only in off-hours, then your ads will be visible only on off-hours.

Standard and accelerated are two options under the 'Delivery method (advanced)'

Standard option will show your ads evenly over time (in your case, during off-hours as per your scheduling) and 'Accelerated' will Show ads more quickly until budget is reached.

As you are not spending your allocated daily budget it will be a good idea to test 'Accelerated' ad delivery method.

Standard or accelerated methods will not affect your ad scheduling (the time you decided to show your ads). It will only affect the ad delivery when the ads are running.

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mary

Ad delivery option help advertisers to decide that whether they want show their ads throughout the day or as soon as any relevant query is searched. As you have mentioned that your budget is not exhausting in the time period you are running ads, so this option is of no use in that case.

It helps those advertisers who have limited budget and they want to show their ads evenly throughout the day. If you start running your campaigns for whole day than this option will help you to show your ads evenly throughout the day.

Read this Adwords Help page for more info:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404248?hl=en-AU

I hope this helps!

Abhishek

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Mary.

As my fellow community members have already pointed out, choosing accelerated delivery may help you spend your daily budget.

I cannot remember exactly where I've read it, but I think accelerated delivery will show your ad every time a search term matches one of your keywords.

If, and that's a big if, your ad rank is high enough to put you on the search results page, every time a search term matches one of your keywords.

Another condition is to have enough search queries that may trigger keywords in your portfolio to show ads, for the area / language / time of day / etc. that you're targeting. If there simply aren't enough search queries, you won't be able to exhaust your budget unless you expand your targeting or raise your bids.

Take a look at Impression share, at campaign level and at keyword level (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703?ctx=tltp) and diagnose your keywords to see why they don't trigger ads (in case they don't).

As you can see, apart from just changing the delivery method you may need to work on your keywords, ads and also bids in order to be able to spend your available budget.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Calin,

As you said to check impression shares - I know that impression share report gives you the percentage of total impressions your ad was shown in comparison to all possible instances when your ad can be shown.

My question is- does it include on-hours instances as well while counting total number of possible instances. Because my campaigns have ad scheduling to run in off-hours only.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Calin,

In response toy our question, IS only reports on impressions that you are eligible for. So everything is taken into account. If your ad could have shown but is not because of as scheduling this is considered. IS only looks at the situations in which your ads are able to show.

hope this helps

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi, Mary.

To quote from the link I pointed you to: "Eligibility is based on your current ads' targeting settings, approval statuses, bids, and Quality Scores."

How are you doing, with respect to IS and how are your quality scores for your keywords?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hey, Clynton. That ... was not my question Smiley Happy. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui442IDw16o)

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Haha, Well played calin,

I suppose I should edit my post as a reply to mary, but then this gem would be lost to the other forum users! Very well played, had a good chuckle!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Smiley Happy