AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Show Ad to whole location without keywords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have image adverts for a concert which I would like to show to the whole location no matter what keywords/interest. Is this possible, as I am getting no reach with certain keywords and have a decent budget? Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You have to have some sort of targeting.  Try raising your current bids.  Then, broaden your targeting.  I usually create one ad group for each targeting type.  Keywords, Interests, Topics.  Those 3 ad groups should get you plenty of traffic.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Michele

AdWords requires at least one targeting method. Unlike other platforms (e.g. RTB), in AdWords targeting the relevant  audience is one of the foundations. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Show Ad to whole location without keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to simply target all people in a certain location as Facebook adverts work, without using any keywords? That is what I want to do

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No; this is not Google. Google is looking to show relevant ads to users based on the user's interest and intent.   Google's goal is to infer the user's intent  and show relevant ads   based on time, (user's)  location and  device used. Those three elements  continuously change. Google calls it "I want to" micro moments".  

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Michele,

You need some form of targeting, but it doesn't need to be specific. The keyword "music" might suffice.

The more keywords you use, the greater the reach. But if you use irrelevant keywords (ie "shoes), your results are unlikely to be as good.