AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I use "Target and Bid" with keywords & Placements?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

My first post here...I searched around the discussions here but I just need to confirm.

If I'm promoting a recipe book using the Display Network Only-All Features, and I am using Placements with all the top recipe sites in my target region, I shouldn't have to use keywords right?

My understanding is that those keywords are used to show my ads only on pages within those Placement sites, which is more useful in the even those sites are like portals with topics from all over the place.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SteelMill
September 2015

Re: Should I use "Target and Bid" with keywords & Placem

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Kai2810,

It depends what type of website are you going to show your ads promoting a recipe book.
If it these are strictly recipe website then I don't think it matters what part of website your ads are going to show.
But if some of these websites are some multichanel websites like health/food/hobby etc.. Then you probably want to use also the keywords to focus only on these parts of website, where cooking and recipes are the main topic.
In that case setting target and bid for a placement would make a sense since you'd want both criteria - keywords and placements to be valid at the same time to show your ads.

Hope it helps.

Alex

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Kai,

If your goal is to sell recipe book and reach a specific type of audience, you can add a few targeting methods to your ad group that are set to “Target and bid.” Then your ads can show only when the specific targeting methods you've selected match.

See more here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6056342?hl=en&rd=1

Thanks,
Kaushik
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author SteelMill
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hello Kai2810,

It depends what type of website are you going to show your ads promoting a recipe book.
If it these are strictly recipe website then I don't think it matters what part of website your ads are going to show.
But if some of these websites are some multichanel websites like health/food/hobby etc.. Then you probably want to use also the keywords to focus only on these parts of website, where cooking and recipes are the main topic.
In that case setting target and bid for a placement would make a sense since you'd want both criteria - keywords and placements to be valid at the same time to show your ads.

Hope it helps.

Alex

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kaushik, Alex!