1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I use Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am just setting up a counselling business in East Sussex. I will see clients in local therapy rooms. I have a website which is so far not showing up in Google (apparently the SEO is ok). 

I am wondering whether to use Google Adwords, but my business isn't registered for tax etc - I am just a sole trader with HRMC. 

I do not want my (home) address to show when people find my website through their Google search. I understand you can hide this, but I am a little concerned.

Am I able to advertise in this way or would I be best not going ahead?

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Re: Should I use Google Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@A Claire S

I am wondering whether to use Google Adwords, but my business isn't registered for tax etc - I am just a sole trader with HRMC. 

Creation of AdWords account does not require the Tax number. So you can promote the products or services.

I do not want my (home) address to show when people find my website through their Google search. I understand you can hide this, but I am a little concerned.

Its not necessary to show the Ads with address. Business address comes under Location extension, so If you don't want to show the address then disable the Location extension.

But Make Sure: failing to display tax or licence numbers, contact information, or physical address where relevant will cause the problems.

Misrepresentation of self, product, or service

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Claire,

You can advertise on Google AdWords of your services But MosheTLV will confirm about the contact address policy.

@MosheTLV - I will request you. please confirm about contact address.

Thanks,
Anand
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@A Claire S

Creation of AdWords account does not require the Tax number. So you can promote the products or services.

Its not necessary to show the Ads with address. Business address comes under Location extension, so If you don't want to show the address then disable the Location extension.

But Make Sure: failing to display tax or licence numbers, contact information, or physical address where relevant will cause the problems.

Misrepresentation of self, product, or service

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Calire,

I agree with the others.

1. You location is not shown by default. It's something you have to ad as an extension.
2. No tax ID is required. However I do not advertise in the EU so VAT might be charged and for you to get a refund on that I would imagine you need a tax id.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Just one addition to the already comprehensive answers given above;

Counselling  therapy services are a sensitive field to promote. Google is very strict that all local regulations (if applicable) are met and  that all claims are accurate. (See the link provided by @Rakesh Kumar)

If you share the website URL we will  have a look and the content of your website;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello
Thanks for your replies..
Yes I'm not sure if I will go ahead with it, I will just try to sort out the SEO so it gets trawled on Google (if that's the correct terminology).

The url is insightcounsellingbrighton.co.uk

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Claire, the term we use is: "so it gets crawled by Google".

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
The content seems fine. You list all your credentials, provide certification by a 3rd party in the country you provide the service, and the claims made about the service are within the common acceptable practices
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’