AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I target whole country or local cities?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Good day!

I run small campaign for local contruction company. It operates within area of 230 000 users, (number is from Google Adwords from targeting)

Next city from their primary location is only 25 minutes by car. So I added this area too for ads targeting (+200 000 users)

But I had a speech with manager and he told me, they can operate within whole country. (3 000 000 users)

My question is, and Im thinking, what is better,

to focus on local area only (radius 70km) and get business opportunities from smaller area, or should I focus on whole country ? Because I think, company should grow, step by step, city to city.. Maybe it is a strange question, maybe not AdWords question exactly, but just by logic, why would customer from city 1 order services from company based in city 2, that is 200km far away from him (and if one can order from other companies based in his city)? Its not ecommerce, but real handy work. 

To target on whole country, sure I see more business opportunties, but in reality, it may be only click waste. Well.. i dont know, cant decide..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should I target whole country or local cities?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If you can not provide services throughout the whole country then its only waste of money to target those areas where you can not provide services.
So better is using the radius targeting for that particular area.
Even to get more opportunities, you can test run a separate campaign with small budget and targeting other cities nearby to your main targeting location.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Should I target whole country or local cities?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thank you Archit, thats really good idea with separate campaign.