AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I focus on keywords with "low" or "high" competition so that my site can rank better?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to using the keyword planner. I would like my site to rank better in search engines by using better keywords.
Also, how exactly does the keyword bid thing works and what are the prices for?
Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Should I focus on keywords with "low" or "high" competition so that my site can rank better?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Silviya N T,

It sounds like you have a few products mixed up together.

1. Ranking your website better in the SERPs (search engine result pages) has nothing to do with keyword planner, buying keywords, bids, etc. Ranking has to do with the quality and relevancy of your website to the subject matter (product / services) that you offer. And it has to do with website design, speed, and more. You would want to research the terms: SEO, search engine optimization, mobile speed test, seo score... and others like that. 

2) Keyword Planner is a toolset within Google's AdWords advertising platform. AdWords is a great product to advertise your product, services through ads that bring visitors back to your website, if they click on your ad. You pay for those actions. AdWords will not help you rank better. You can spend more money and get more impressions that hopefully lead to more clicks. The quality of your website, ads, keyword relevancy. bid and more will determine where your ad is shown.  

You can read this excellent information that discusses the AdWords advertising platform. We are not able to help or discuss anything with organic website rankings. There are two completely separate worlds regarding websites (and promotions), which is: Organic -v- Paid. You would want to investigate them each on their own accords, not together.  

Kind Regards,

James