AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I cancel my existing Adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I signed up for an Adwords account (no campaigns yet) but then later changed my mind because I need an MCC account. I want to use my gmail account to create an MCC, should I cancel the other adwords account first? (I dont want to create a new gmail account, I just need the one I am using)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Should I cancel my existing Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joandlyn
Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, the "damage is done" as it were but fortunately, there is a way around it. There's a fantastic thread on this exact subject that I often refer to and it has a lot of the discussion and questions that I cannot provide again from other users: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-convert-account-to-MMC/m-p...

Basically, you need to do a bit of assigning and reassigning but it is possible. In fact, I did the very same myself many moons ago. Hope that helps.

If you need any additional help, feel free to ask here and I'll do my best to get you through it.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Should I cancel my existing Adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joandlyn
Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, the "damage is done" as it were but fortunately, there is a way around it. There's a fantastic thread on this exact subject that I often refer to and it has a lot of the discussion and questions that I cannot provide again from other users: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-convert-account-to-MMC/m-p...

Basically, you need to do a bit of assigning and reassigning but it is possible. In fact, I did the very same myself many moons ago. Hope that helps.

If you need any additional help, feel free to ask here and I'll do my best to get you through it.