Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I block PPC landing pages from organic search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I am not sure whether or not I block the PPC landing pages from organic search? And one more question, should I keep them as orphan pages or should I link back to them? Please suggest. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Should I block PPC landing pages from organic search

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi debdulaldey,

Although your question is not directly related to Adwords, however Tom and Dinesh have answered similar question in the past here. Kindly refer to this for details. I am sure it will be of assistance to you.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But it seems Google needs them to get indexed before making them eligible for appearing in Google paid search. I mean, if I block the PPC pages, will they run into the risk of being disapproved by Google Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi debdulaldey,

Personally speaking, I will not suggest you to block anything. Reason being that you might end paying more for your keywords because of landing page quality issues and all. You can see this Google reference for more clarity.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddd001
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi debdulaldey,

The best answer is "it depends". If you do decide to block bots from crawling the PPC pages, be sure to allow the adsBot. Something like this:

User-agent: *

Disallow: PPCLandingPage.html

User-agent: AdsBot-Google
Allow: PPCLandingPage.html

There are many good reasons to block pages designed specifically for your PPC campaign, particularly if you have limited links on the landing page (as is often recommended). And it helps identify traffic sources. It's also a very common technique used by advertisers. Just be careful. If the AdsBot can not crawl your landing page, your ad will be disapproved.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords