AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Should I add both standard and dynamic retargeting codes to my site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It has been suggested to me that we need standard and dynamic re-targeting code on our retail site. Standard for the more generic ads (on home page only) and dynamic for the specific product ads (placed on all pages).

I am confused as to if we really need both codes, or if we can set up the dynamic one correctly to serve both functions and where to place above mentioned codes.

Thanks!

Gwen

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Re: Should I add both standard and dynamic retargeting codes to my site?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Gwen.

If you add the dynamic remarketing code on all pages of your website and make sure the correct sections are specified (home, searchresults, category, product, cart, purchase, other) you should be fine. There's no need to specify the "classical" code anymore.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Gwen.

If you add the dynamic remarketing code on all pages of your website and make sure the correct sections are specified (home, searchresults, category, product, cart, purchase, other) you should be fine. There's no need to specify the "classical" code anymore.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Calin,for your response,