AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Sharing one Adword Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I'm trying to link my email to my company's AdWord account. I'm able to access both emails.

I sent the "invite" to myself from my company's AdWord account. I went and accepted the invite (by clicking the link). The link takes me to google AdWord to set up a brand new account... I don't want a brand new AdWords account. I want to work in my company's AdWords account through my email.

How can I attach my email to my company's AdWord's account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nathan K
September 2015

Re: Sharing one Adword Account

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you were invited to an established adwords account then this should not have happened. The fact that you had to set up a new account makes me think that the scenario I described above is the case.

Any easy way to see would be to compare customer ID number between the account you access from your personal email and the one from your work email. This can be found in the top right corner when you log in.

If those number are different then you are on different accounts.

In that case you will have to unlink your personal email from the other account first. and then continue as before with the invite and accept etc.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
unfortunately there is no way to delete an adwords account (this may have changed in the last 4 months since I last checked but have not heard so) the only way is to transfer ownership of the account to another gmail account.

You will probably have to set up a 'fake' gmail account if you do not have a secondary one and transfer admin rights to the new gmaill account. Then remove your email from the account (You can not remove your email if you are the only admin).

The gear icon should be in the top right as that option is there from page 2 of the set-up. So after you have chosen email, currency, time zone and country but before you set up the account. see image below:
http://i.imgur.com/LNxKyvH.png

This page is after the first set-up page, if not there, plz upload screen shot of which page you are on and I can direct you to the correct place.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nathan,

Firstly, an email can only be attached to one adwords account. So ensure that your personal email is not attached to an adwords account that you set up previously to check the platform out.

I suspect this is what has happened, your email is attached to a personal adwords accoutn you set up previously. you will need to log into this account and transfer ownership to another gmail account.

After which you will be able to accept (possibly resend first) the permission from your company adwords account to your personal email.

Let me know how it goes, or if this is definitely not the case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I initially clicked the "accept invite" link, it had me set up a brand new AdWords account... So I followed through on it just to be sure. ...?

Is it not supposed to have me set up a new account?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
If you were invited to an established adwords account then this should not have happened. The fact that you had to set up a new account makes me think that the scenario I described above is the case.

Any easy way to see would be to compare customer ID number between the account you access from your personal email and the one from your work email. This can be found in the top right corner when you log in.

If those number are different then you are on different accounts.

In that case you will have to unlink your personal email from the other account first. and then continue as before with the invite and accept etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok then, on the new AdWords account there's noway to delete it. No gear... no drop down by my email... how should I delete it without having to fully complete the sign up process by entering money?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
unfortunately there is no way to delete an adwords account (this may have changed in the last 4 months since I last checked but have not heard so) the only way is to transfer ownership of the account to another gmail account.

You will probably have to set up a 'fake' gmail account if you do not have a secondary one and transfer admin rights to the new gmaill account. Then remove your email from the account (You can not remove your email if you are the only admin).

The gear icon should be in the top right as that option is there from page 2 of the set-up. So after you have chosen email, currency, time zone and country but before you set up the account. see image below:
http://i.imgur.com/LNxKyvH.png

This page is after the first set-up page, if not there, plz upload screen shot of which page you are on and I can direct you to the correct place.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Nathan K,

There's a trick to it and it is not immediately obvious. Google really needs to make a page dedicated to accepting account invitations. This happens way too often.

OK, that was the rant, now for the trick:

1. Before clicking on the email link, make sure you are not logged into any Google services under a different email address.

2. After clicking on the email link, select "I already have an account." (Not obvious or intuitive, is it?)

You have already created an account, so you'll need to get your email address off that account before you can use it for the company account. If you want to use the email address for more than one account, look into an MCC account.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords