Guide Me
star_border

Shared budgets

J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Newbie here, Im trying to set a shared budget for a campaign, but i keep getting a message saying "Campaigns that are part of a campaign group cannot use shared budgets" How do i enable a shared budget to a group campaign? If i can't then how do i go about dividing a daily budget into 5 campaigns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Shared budgets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J B

Campaign groups can be found in the left-hand side navigation bar.

Set up a shared budget

1. Select the Campaigns tab.
  2. Click the Shared library link in the left navigation bar.
  3. Beneath that link, click Budgets.
  4. Click + Budget.
  5. Name your new shared budget, select some campaigns to apply it to, and set a budget amount.
  6. Click Save.
  7. The budget won't take effect until you apply it to individual campaigns. In the Budgets table, click the name of the budget you want to apply, then click the Apply to campaigns button.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Shared budgets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @J B

Campaign groups can be found in the left-hand side navigation bar.

Set up a shared budget

1. Select the Campaigns tab.
  2. Click the Shared library link in the left navigation bar.
  3. Beneath that link, click Budgets.
  4. Click + Budget.
  5. Name your new shared budget, select some campaigns to apply it to, and set a budget amount.
  6. Click Save.
  7. The budget won't take effect until you apply it to individual campaigns. In the Budgets table, click the name of the budget you want to apply, then click the Apply to campaigns button.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Shared budgets

J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
J B
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I followed those instructions.  My problem is that I already have 5 campaigns under a campaign group.  I created a shared budget following your instructions and couldn't apply them to the group because "Campaigns that are part of a campaign group cannot use shared budgets." I guess what I'm asking is how can I add a shared budget to my campaign group that's been created? Do I have to take them out of the group and them add them to a shared budget?

Re: Shared budgets

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, you have to take them out and re-insert in Shared Budget

Shared budgets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do shared budges work on the new interface? There's no longer a "Shared Library" option on the left nav.

Shared budgets

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

@Cody L There is shared library. It just moved to horizontal menu as all the settings. Click on spanner symbol in the top right corner and there it is.