AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Severe crawling issue when i crawl my website to get keyword idea using link of my website.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Team, 

Greetings of the day!

I am running with a severe adwords issue. When I crawl my website using the link which is http://www.engineersgarage.com using adwords keyword planner to get new keyword ideas, the Adword shows only 36 keywords and that too is very irrelevant. 

While when I perform the same search using another's website url then I get around 700 list of keywords. 

I do not know how to solve the issue as my website is 6 years old and we get around 15000+ unique visitors per day from organic search. 

Don't know why adwords only shows 36 keywords while performing a scan through my websites link. 

Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated.

Waiting for appropriate solution. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Severe crawling issue when i crawl my website to get keyword idea using link of my website.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @ravikant p,

It is likely that your popup that happens rather aggressively is killing the scanning process. I get about 5 seconds of looking at your site after is loads and then I am locked out until I wait (which I don't ever) for your message block to allow me in. I actually never visit a website that has these in use. 

It could also be that the type of search query you are performing is using different metrics from the other website. You can use this technical support file to learn more about the Keyword Planner

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings of the day James.

Thank you for your nice suggestion. It never came in my mind that my ad pop up is blocking the crawler from scanning my website.

I will remove the ad for a while and check whether the crawler is able to scan the whole website for keywords.

Thanks again for your nice suggestion.

Regards,

Ravi kant