Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Several Brands in Item name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everybody,

Want to ask for your advice. Can I mention several brand names with which an item is compatible in one item name?
For example, is this title correct:

Battery for Toshiba CR2032, BMW CR2032, Mazda CR2032 Replacement?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Several Brands in Item name

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

As per the AdWords Trademark Policy, Google doesn't investigate the use of a trademark in keywords.

However, in terms of ad copy, it varies from country to country. If the trademark owner authorizes the account and provides details to Google about who can use the Trademark terms, then those accounts might get eligible to use those terms in their ad copies.

I would encourage you to Read this Trademark Policy in detail: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Pankaj

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew,

Could you be a little more specific? Do you want to add that as a long tail keyword? Use that as ad copy? or something different all together?

If it is either of the 2, you could do it. I would advise against it highly. Rather break it down into separate keywords and make targeted ads to people looking for those specific models. That way someone searching for toshiba will see toshiba and only toshiba and the same for the others. Generalising and lump grouping will only hurt your account. Specificity and direct targeting is what you want to aim for. Even if the product works for all 3, set up 3 different ad groups to preven confusion.

Hope this helps

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

As per the AdWords Trademark Policy, Google doesn't investigate the use of a trademark in keywords.

However, in terms of ad copy, it varies from country to country. If the trademark owner authorizes the account and provides details to Google about who can use the Trademark terms, then those accounts might get eligible to use those terms in their ad copies.

I would encourage you to Read this Trademark Policy in detail: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to know if Google has any restrictions concerning mentioning several brands in the item title. I'd like to make sure it doesn't violate any of Google's policies.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew,

If you are talking about your ad text, as in visible copy that you are advertising please refer to the post by pankaj and the trademark policy.