4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setup of Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to basically all of this. I can't figure out how to set up  my accounts so that my business is linked to my adwords account and so forth. Here's my scenario:

I have an individual, personal google account where I do my gmail, google analytics for my small business site, and google webmaster tools for my small business site. 

I wanted to become a Google Partner and get google adwords certified. I set up an Adwords account with my personal google account info, and linked my small business web site to it through google analytics and google webmaster tools. Then I tried to create an MCC, but it would not allow me to do it because the message kept saying "this email address already has an Adwords login".  How do I structure this...I don't want to do other clients yet; I just want to master my own small business account (which eventually I will want to manage other people's adword campaigns). I don't want to do something wrong. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setup of Accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Nancy.

You'll have to create another google account and use that to create an MCC. You can then manage your AdWords account from that MCC, set up a partner account and so on. And, for ease of use, add that user to your Analytics and WMT account as well, so you can manage everything in one place.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Setup of Accounts

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Nancy,

Just adding to what AdWiser said.

Before becoming a google partner you have to complete few steps. Please read below link for more information.

https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3126965?hl=en

I would recommend you doing google adword certification first and getting certified as an individual.