AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up another adwords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an Adwords account for my Online business, where I currently have a campaign running advertising my products. I also have another business (Physiotherapy Clinic), I am thinking of advertising this on Google adwords. Can I advertise this on the same adwords account or do I need to set up another account? If I can set it up on the same account how do I go about doing this? As you can probably tell I am a novice when it comes to using Adwords!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting up another adwords campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew, welcome to the Community.

I'd recommend in your case that you simply create a new Campaign for your other business under your existing Account - at least initially while you test if it is profitable.  If AdWords is profitable for this second business, and this business is entirely separate from the first, then you could in the long run open a second separate Account to run the AdWords for that business, which will allow you better control over the billing for each.

To set up a new Campaign all you need do is follow the same steps when you set up your first - it all begins from the "Campaigns" tab within your AdWords Account, in the middle left of the page you should see a green button labelled "+ Campaign" which will launch the new Campaign creation process.  I would suggest that you name all your Campaigns to make it clear which business they relate to.

As a final note, most active AdWords Accounts will have multiple Campaigns for each business - it's usually best to split your advertising down by product/service range for Campaigns then each product/service by Ad Group.  For example, if you sold electrical goods you might have a Campaign for TVs and one for Blu-Ray Players then the TV Campaign would contain Ad Groups for LED TVs, 3D TVs, etc.  So you might want to look at your Account structure before you start your new Campaigns.

More about Account Structure

Creating new Campaigns

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Setting up another adwords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated!!

Andrew