Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up a Google Ad

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The company that I work for is interested in Google Adwords. However, when doing a Google search, we have noticed that a prior employee has posted a review of our company that has nothing to do with its services. Before purchasing the ad, is it possible that you can remove this review that clearly goes against Google's policies?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer G
December 2016

Setting up a Google Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JenGrappone,

Running AdWords advertising is completely isolated from Google search products, organic listings, and the review system. One does not effect the other. So, the only recourse you have is to use the flag the review option that Google provides and allow the review team time to review and decide what they wish to do. Google My Business is involved in reviews and organic listings in the SERPs (search engine result pages)... and Google AdWords is involved in paid advertising. 

You can start using Google AdWords at any time, as that review will not have any play with your ad performance. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jennifer G
December 2016

Setting up a Google Ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @JenGrappone,

Running AdWords advertising is completely isolated from Google search products, organic listings, and the review system. One does not effect the other. So, the only recourse you have is to use the flag the review option that Google provides and allow the review team time to review and decide what they wish to do. Google My Business is involved in reviews and organic listings in the SERPs (search engine result pages)... and Google AdWords is involved in paid advertising. 

You can start using Google AdWords at any time, as that review will not have any play with your ad performance. 

Kind Regards,

James