AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up New Website with Remarketing. Newbie Has Questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am setting up remarking for a new website but confused about where to start.

It's a small Wordpress site with about half dozen pages.

What I'm stuck on is exactly what code is required to track visitors. I want to cookie all visitors on every page of the site (and eventually begin a display ad retargeting campaign).

1) Do I use Tag Manager in the head and body of the site?

2) Or, do I only need to create a remarking list under =>Shared Library =>Audiences; with rule URL contains myurl.com? And, add this code to the body.

3) Or, do I need all three of these codes?

Just to be clear, I am not asking for a tutorial how to create the required code(s). I just want to know exactly which are required. 

It might be that either one of those two options could be used alone. Just the tag manager, or just the remarketing code?

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher J
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One code, You could use either AdWords  "classic" re-marketing or Tag Manager or analytics. 
If you are not a programmer, I would recommend the Adwords code to be installed within the html code

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christopher J
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

One code, You could use either AdWords  "classic" re-marketing or Tag Manager or analytics. 
If you are not a programmer, I would recommend the Adwords code to be installed within the html code

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Moshe thanks for your reply.

So I set up thr remarketing code in the body of the website.

Google sugests to put in in the head but the body will work right?

What then is difference between using RTG code and tag manager?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If it's a WP site, then analytics is the easiest way to go. There are several plugins including the Google analytics plugin that you can use and setup analytics in seconds. Then you can create as many audience lists in analytics as you want with no additional code. Plus, you now have analytics tracking installed on site. Goals/conversions, etc., etc., can all be done in analytics with no additional code, and it all integrates with a linked AdWords account.

Tom

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Christopher J;

Tag manager is a unified code that can be  used with several products and several platforms. Tag Manager is helpful if you have several   products and several platforms to follow and you make frequent changes.

Read more:

https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6102821?hl=en