Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting a Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys, 

I have a question regarding the budget of my account. I am running an account for a niche market for developing countries. I have set up 16 campaigns due to targeting setting. I am a bit confuse to set up a budget. I want to spend between 500 to 700 Dollars a month. My question is how to decide the budget per campaign ? 

An other question instead of set up my keywords in Broad, should I set up in BMM for more control? 

I hope it is clear. 

Thanks guys, 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Setting a Budget

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maxence,

If I were you I'd do this, in a nushell.

I'd decide my daily maximum spend by deviding the max monthly budget by 30.4. In your case, say $700/30.4=$23.

Next I'd create a shared budget under Shared Library and name it "Shared daily budget for 16 campaigns". The figure of course would be $23. Finally I'd apply that newly created Shared Budget to all of your existing 16 campaigns. That way each of your campaigns would be financially being fed from that daily $23.

The other Q: Yup, I'd prefer BMM.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Lakatos !! Is what i was thinking thanks again!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Whilst I agree with @Lakatos suggestion in principle my experience with share budgets has made me question their effectiveness.

I'd love to hear feedback from others - but I have been finding recently that one or two of my campaigns are effectively spending more than their share and I end up with a few campaigns that simply don't get any traffic.

I would not argue with setting up the campaigns as suggested, but I would keep a very close eye on where the impressions are going and the budget is being spent. You may find that the sharing part is more like children sharing candy from a piñata!

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
Hello Maxance M, I would totally agree with the above setup. But would also suggest that if you want more control to your budget take that suggested daily budget ($700/30.4=$23) and apply it to all campaigns. This way if you feel that one campaign needs more/less budget, you can adjust as you feel fit. It has been my experience that manual control is the best control.

As to your second Question, I like to start with everything tight on Exact match, then lower to Phrase and so on. Again I like manual control.

have fun.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Both the scenarios proposed by Lakatos and Steve are perfect within specific situations.

I would like to go with both, 1st starting with shared budget as you are not aware which campaign is going to perform and which is not so is this case shared budget is helpful to get the daily budget consumed by and campaign and start gathering data.
There are changes that some of the campaigns will consume most of the budget while the other left without getting any click. The most common reason is campaigns based on different countries where timezone leads to such situations.
So after analysing this you can pull out those budget consuming campaigns and assigning those a separate budget to give exposure to other campaigns as well.

2) initially go with BMM. (don't forget to use general list of negative keywords)

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
There isn't enough information here @Maxence... With 16 different countries being targeted, you have so many potential combinations of languages, currency, time of day, etc., etc., it's impossible to give any more than some generic suggestions.

What's the goal of your advertising?
What are you trying to accomplish aside from spending $500-$700/month equally in 16 different countries - Or, is that the only goal?
Tom