Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting Up Display Retargeting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I currently have a display target set up in AdWords. I have had the campaign running for 4 months and I'm not satisfied with the results and the inability to meassure the impact of display campaigngs.

There is one thing I would like to try before writing off the display network completley and that is using retargeting. I spoke with an AdWords consultant a while ago who mentioned briefly how to set this up but I can't remember the advice.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial or Google document that explains how to set this up?

Cheers

Tim

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Setting Up Display Retargeting

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can also read everything about remarketing here.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

1Set up Audience Profile

Go to the Shared Library section in the left hand menu of your AdWords account.
click “New Audience” and select “Remarketing list”. Fill out the details with a name and enter the number of days you’d like to track people for. You can create multiple lists here and run diffrent ads for each group.

2.Install Tracking Pixel(s)
After you finished with point 1 and you have the the code, you need to get it installed on your site. Make sure you have this code in sections of your website of which audience you want to reach again

3.Set up Campaign

Set up a new campaign with separate Ad Groups for each audience.

Go to the Audience tab in your Remarketing the you get to the Audience tab, click on the “add audiences” button and select your Campaign/Ad Group

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by AmyB (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can also read everything about remarketing here.

Thanks,

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Check also this wiki article:  Google AdWords Remarketing

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’