1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Setting Notification Alerts to Recipients at the Master MCC level

N/A
# 1
N/A

How do I manage the recipients who receive email alert notifications (specifically notifications concerning the creation of accounts, acceptance/decline of account invitations, and accounts that have been successfully/unsuccessfully linked)? 

I have tried clicking My Account>Notification Settings> and viewing "My MCC Settings", but only see options to set notifications for the following (aka it doesn't allow me to customize for the above alerts):

• Reports
  • Customized help and performance suggestions
  • Newsletters
  • Google market research
  • Special offers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Setting Notification Alerts to Recipients at the Master MCC level

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

I'm pretty sure all the reports you mentioned that you want to be able to customize are all child level account notifications so can't be customized the way you might want.

If you have managers using their own MCC's they and the child account would get the notification if someone links or unlinks to their MCC and I'm pretty sure you can't set it up any other way.

Maybe someone else can chip in to help confirm this.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi,

I'm pretty sure all the reports you mentioned that you want to be able to customize are all child level account notifications so can't be customized the way you might want.

If you have managers using their own MCC's they and the child account would get the notification if someone links or unlinks to their MCC and I'm pretty sure you can't set it up any other way.

Maybe someone else can chip in to help confirm this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/106715?hl=en&ref_topic=22067

You can receive alerts.  You just need to set them at the MCC Account screen and not at your individual client screen.  The link above will show you exactly what you need to do.  Making the change was a lot easier than finding out how to do it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just when you think you know where something is, they move it! The article at https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/106715?hl=en&ref_topic=22067 is no longer valid. Here's how to set up email notifications that are sent to your MCC email address for client accounts, for example to alert you that a client's ad has been disapproved.

1. Log into your MCC.

2. Click the gear (upper right) and select Account Settings.

3. From the left menu, select Notification Settings.

4. Click the Client Settings tab.

5. Set overall preferences at the MCC top level, or scroll down to make individual settings at the account level. There are 5 different types of notifications.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
(theu updated the 22067 topic to reflect this, you have to dig, but its there now)