AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Set up new campaign 5 hours ago. Status set to Eligible, but not seeing any data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I've set up my first Ad campaign. It is a Universal app campaign and has been running for about 5 hours now. With the status being set to eligible I assume that it is approved already? I'm not seeing any data in the console and wondering if there is anything wrong with the settings. Everything looks to be fine and no suggestions have popped up. I've wondered with it might be my CPA target bid but nothing is indicating this. 

I wouldn't be too concerned by it but as it states that data is usually displayed between 20 minutes and 3 hours. I wonder whether something is up

Any advice is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Full Scoop P
December 2016

Set up new campaign 5 hours ago. Status set to Eligible, but not seeing any data

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

It's likely that your campaign hasn't quite been reviewed yet even though it's set to eligible. So it may not show until its fully approved.

Usually, campaigns take up to 1 business day to be reviewed.  However, some reviews take longer because the ad requires a more complex review.

Refer to this google support page:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120?hl=en

If it has been longer than 1 full business day, then you can submit a request through here.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approval_request

As for the bidding issue, i just pulled this snippet out of the Support form - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6247380?hl=en&ref_topic=6360908

Bidding and budget

Universal App Campaigns offer two different optimization options with two different customer objectives:

1. Focus on getting more installs. Use the first option: "Get new users for your app". AdWords will optimize your bids and targeting to get the greatest number of new users for your app. 
  2. Focus on driving selected in-app actions. For apps with in-app actions tracked as conversions, use the second option: "Get new users who are likely to complete in-app actions that you select". AdWords will focus on people who are most likely to complete the specific in-app actions you've set up and selected for this campaign.

Cost-per-install bids

When you set your bids, you're telling AdWords the average amount you'd like to spend each time someone installs your app. Keep in mind that your budget will be used to get as many installs as possible at your set amount. So, if you set your daily budget for $30, and your targeting cost-per-install is $3, you're aiming for about 10 installs per day from your ads.

Note that your $30 budget will be used for app installs regardless of the optimization option you select. For example, if you optimize your campaign to drive in-app actions, you will spend $3 per install whether or not the user completes an in-app action you’ve selected. To learn more about setting bids, read About bidding in universal app campaigns

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Target CPA bidding requires historical data before it can be utilized, so it won't have any data to reference for a brand new campaign. You could try using an ROAS strategy or target search page location. -https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268632?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I  still use the CPA as a brand new campaign? As it stands, it's the only option I see available. Also it's currently set to "Get new users for your app", and the other option is grayed out but that makes sense. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You should be able to change the bid strategy under your campaign settings. Try keeping it on Manual CPC or ROAS=150% until the campaign gets enough conversions and data for Target CPA to be utilized, it will probably take 30 days for that to happen. Google recommends at least 30 conversions within the past 30 days to get the best data. 

Re: Set up new campaign 5 hours ago. Status set to Eligible, but not seeing any data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

adwords.png

For some reason I can't change the bid strategy. It's like it's defaulted to target CPA, as if its the only option I can use. When I click edit bid strategy, I'm presented with the image above and can only change that value or the total budget. It sounds like I may need to do another campaign, If I do start a new one, will my admob credit carry over, as when I log in, it says that the promotional credit have is active on my campaign, is that specific? Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm not sure about this; I haven't done an App install campaign before so this is new to me, hopefully someone else will chime in and help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Regardless, thanks for trying, appreciated

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Full Scoop P
December 2016

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

It's likely that your campaign hasn't quite been reviewed yet even though it's set to eligible. So it may not show until its fully approved.

Usually, campaigns take up to 1 business day to be reviewed.  However, some reviews take longer because the ad requires a more complex review.

Refer to this google support page:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120?hl=en

If it has been longer than 1 full business day, then you can submit a request through here.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/approval_request

As for the bidding issue, i just pulled this snippet out of the Support form - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6247380?hl=en&ref_topic=6360908

Bidding and budget

Universal App Campaigns offer two different optimization options with two different customer objectives:

1. Focus on getting more installs. Use the first option: "Get new users for your app". AdWords will optimize your bids and targeting to get the greatest number of new users for your app. 
  2. Focus on driving selected in-app actions. For apps with in-app actions tracked as conversions, use the second option: "Get new users who are likely to complete in-app actions that you select". AdWords will focus on people who are most likely to complete the specific in-app actions you've set up and selected for this campaign.

Cost-per-install bids

When you set your bids, you're telling AdWords the average amount you'd like to spend each time someone installs your app. Keep in mind that your budget will be used to get as many installs as possible at your set amount. So, if you set your daily budget for $30, and your targeting cost-per-install is $3, you're aiming for about 10 installs per day from your ads.

Note that your $30 budget will be used for app installs regardless of the optimization option you select. For example, if you optimize your campaign to drive in-app actions, you will spend $3 per install whether or not the user completes an in-app action you’ve selected. To learn more about setting bids, read About bidding in universal app campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank's for the reply Cedric.

That would make sense. Just needed some clarification as the status reads eligible.

I will keep and eye on it and reach out to the support forums if nothing changes.

Thanks for the info on the campaign budget and options available. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just an update. Everything is working fine. Impatience was the problem.  Thanks to both for help