Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Set a campaign without ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I would like to bring some people to my new commerce, but don't get well how to do it because it forces me to create an Ad Group, and I can't create any ad because it's about selling alcoholics that in Thailand, where this activity is set, alcoholics cannot get Google ads. So basically my question is how can I set a campaign without any ad?

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm afraid that you will not be able to run campaigns in violation of Google's policies.

There simply is no workaround - that would defeat the object of the policy.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm afraid that you will not be able to run campaigns in violation of Google's policies.

There simply is no workaround - that would defeat the object of the policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your answer,

but I had it before, I could not set any ad but I could pay for keywords. I got impressions too. Then the campaign has been deleted and now I don't find any way to add keywords back. Weird.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Now I'm confused... if you didn't have any ads, what were the impressions of?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, but possibly I am confused too. At the first I created a Campaign and then AdWords let me add keywords. I added the keywords, and some of them brought to impressions and clicks. As far as I can get, please consider I am pretty new to all this stuff, my websites has been shown to users. Then I tried to create an Ad, and the system told me that I cannot create ads for alcoholic sales in some countries, like Thailand. That's okay, I can proceed with no ad. But then I deleted that campaign to start a new one. And now it seems like I cannot add the keywords to the Campaign without creating an ad. For sure there is something I am missing.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I think so....

AdWords is an advertising platform - you pay to present your ad to potential customers... without an ad there cannot be impressions (since these are, in fact, ad impressions) or clicks - since these are clicks on the ad also... so you must have had an ad.

How exactly would you plan to proceed without an ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Usually what I see are links that are sponsors but not ads, simple links like research links with the sign that they are sponsors, so they are there not because they got first in the SERP but because they are paying. Infact I had no ad back then, just some keywords and a landing page, and I got like 200 impressions.