AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Set Up AdWords for a single company with multiple locations and web site for each location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If anyone can advise the best way to set up an account that has one Company name, several retail locations in different areas and a web site for each location, all selling same goods with same keywords

I currently use Location targeting at a campaign level but that directs all Ads to one stores pages.

Do I create a campaign for each location or multiple ad groups in one campaign for each location?

Any other way to use location targeting to find location in the area user is in?

Thank you !!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Set Up AdWords for a single company with multiple locations and web site for each location

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

1. You should create separate campaing for each store (location)

2. Each campaign should contain adgroups for each group of products

3. Each adgroup should have a diffrent URL which is relevant to keywods e.g.

Campaign: Texas

Adgroup: Product1

destination url: yousite.com/texas/product1

or if you have diffrent domains for each location

yoursitetexas.com/product1

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by rashu (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Set Up AdWords for a single company with multiple locations and web site for each location

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

1. You should create separate campaing for each store (location)

2. Each campaign should contain adgroups for each group of products

3. Each adgroup should have a diffrent URL which is relevant to keywods e.g.

Campaign: Texas

Adgroup: Product1

destination url: yousite.com/texas/product1

or if you have diffrent domains for each location

yoursitetexas.com/product1

Hope this helps

Regards

Nik

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Regardless of how you structure your campaigns, having a campaign for each location has several advantages.

"I currently use Location targeting at a campaign level but that directs all Ads to one stores pages."

Seems, that the simpliest thing to do, to start to sort this all out, is too land each campaign/locations ads on that locations page/site. You can only set the location targeting at the campaign level. Trying to do what you want within a single campaign with multiple adgroups probably isn't going to work out the way you want it to.

"Any other way to use location targeting to find location in the area user is in?"

Outside of an analytics program, the dimensions tab, geographic report, can help. Before you put in a lot of time and effort into building a new structure, take a look at the geographic report. You never know what you may see that effects how you think about your account.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dnewell,

Just follow what Nik said but i am suggesting you that don't use different display url or different destination url in one ad group these will cause disapproval of your ads.

Regards

-Vicky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you all- that was perfect

Re: Set Up AdWords for a single company with multiple locations and we

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you use the same keywords, though aren't you competing against yourself in the same geographic location ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi elkiehound, no, not if the Campaigns are using disparate geographical locations.  If there's one campaign with the Keyword "red shoes" and targeted at Texas and another with the same Keyword targeted at Maine, then someone in Maine should see the Ads from the Maine campaign when they search for "red shoes".

It does work best when the locations are farthest apart and gets increasingly messy the closer they are.  For example I'd suggest a different method if we were talking about 3 or 4 stores in the same town/city.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon,

What would you recommend if the two locations are 15 miles apart, and have overlapping areas ?

Roy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bump What Elkie Asked

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.