AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Serving of ads not relevant to my keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i want to use adwords for my bussiness.

i plan to put the keywords thats not relevant with my bussiness. what happen with my ads?

example : my bussiness is food, i put keywords games, gadget, sex, news and many more.

pls advice.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Serving of ads not relevant to my keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deden,

The main idea of advertising with AdWords is about relevance (you'll find more about relevance in this help article). The users who are searching for products and services are supposed to see AdWords ads that are highly relevant to what they are searching for. Therefore it's a really bad idea of trying to push through with those keywords and ads.

Moreover, it's really difficult to show your ads for irrelevant keywords and using landing pages that don't include information that has nothing in common with keywords/ads: the system will eventually stop serving the ads due to low quality score and low ad rank.

So I'd suggest you focusing on relevant advertising and attracting high quality traffic to your website: after all, it's probably potential customers you're after. 

milda prušinskaitė

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deden P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Dedan,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

Adding the keywords in your campaigns depend on your advertisng goal. So That you can mesaure that which keywords yeild the postive ROI.

i plan to put the keywords thats not relevant with my bussiness. what happen with my ads?

Adding those keywords will impact your Quality Score. If you add such keywords in the Direct response campaigns, you will face poor conversion rate and higer CPA, As users are not searching the related products phrased in the Serach engine Results page.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deden,

The main idea of advertising with AdWords is about relevance (you'll find more about relevance in this help article). The users who are searching for products and services are supposed to see AdWords ads that are highly relevant to what they are searching for. Therefore it's a really bad idea of trying to push through with those keywords and ads.

Moreover, it's really difficult to show your ads for irrelevant keywords and using landing pages that don't include information that has nothing in common with keywords/ads: the system will eventually stop serving the ads due to low quality score and low ad rank.

So I'd suggest you focusing on relevant advertising and attracting high quality traffic to your website: after all, it's probably potential customers you're after. 

milda prušinskaitė

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deden P
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Dedan,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

Adding the keywords in your campaigns depend on your advertisng goal. So That you can mesaure that which keywords yeild the postive ROI.

Adding those keywords will impact your Quality Score. If you add such keywords in the Direct response campaigns, you will face poor conversion rate and higer CPA, As users are not searching the related products phrased in the Serach engine Results page.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Milda

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Rakesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deden P,

As some of the fellow have shared their thought's adword's is a platform to reach your potential customer available online (in a quick and speedy way). In a PPC marketing mode you pay for each click that you incur, if you put irrelevant keywords, first and foremost you will end up incurring ad-on cost affecting your ROI.

As your ads are related to food but they are triggered on keywords like game are other things as you mentioned, it will end up giving a wrong user experience.

Thanks

Kr Gandharva

Target the Market.. To Tap the Market

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,
Deden,
Adding irrelevant key words will lower down the quality score of your ad as your ad will not be relevant to the users and gradually it wil s top being shown,
Now the main question arises why do you want to do that?
There could be several reason I am assuming:-
1.You just wanted to know what happens but you do not want to do that
2.you wanna do it because you want every possible user of Google to see your ad to raise brand awareness but for that you can use other marketing strategies as Google provides intentional ads.It will show you what a user wants.You can use non intentional platforms like facebook or any other for non intentional.
All the best.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you want what is called "assist clicks" from keywords with high traffic what could attract relevant traffic, because the food business relates to all humans and can always trigger customers no matter what they seek.

Has this thought occured to you because the traffic for food related keywords is low in your city ?

You could use other high traffic keywords and tailor your Ad to appeal to those users too. For example for a Game1 (a title) search keyword you could write the ad like this :

You love Game1 ?

Food Is As Good as Playing

Try Our Delicious Pizza, Call Us!

The same with sex related keywords

Advice About Sex_Word1

Invite Her To Our Great Restaurant

Reserve a Romantic Dinner, Call Now