star_border

Separate Topic and Keyword ad groups

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I have a query about setting up a Display Campaign. I want to use the Display network to show ads running a promotion on venue event packages. 

I know I want to use display keywords to contextually target the ads. However, I am also looking at using Topics as well. Is it best to create a separate ad group for display keywords and a separate ad group for topics, or would it be better to combine the two targeting methods?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WRD
September 2015

Re: Separate Topic and Keyword ad groups

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi WRD,

If you combine the targeting Keywords+Topics, you will narrow down your traffic but get more relevant reach as compared with using individual targeting. Thus if your advertising goal is to promote your business with relevant audiences, use this technique for better results.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author WRD
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi WRD,

If you combine the targeting Keywords+Topics, you will narrow down your traffic but get more relevant reach as compared with using individual targeting. Thus if your advertising goal is to promote your business with relevant audiences, use this technique for better results.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rakesh

Thanks for your response. Say I have a couple of groups of keywords (e.g. conference venue and meeting venue), would it be best to have these in individual ad groups along with the topics or would it be ok to have all the keywords in the one ad group along with the topics?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi WRD,

It is a good practice if keep only tightly themed keyword in a single Ad group with the topics targeting. And different type of keywords themed in different ad group with relevant topics. It is not advisable to keep all different types of keywords in a single ad group.

WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
WRD
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rakesh

Thanks for your feedback!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
You are Welcome!

Please feel free to post your querySmiley Happy